This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lol, Genwunners.

#41Davidk92Posted 4/29/2013 2:46:31 PM
Sebas27 posted...
FierceDeity1026 posted...
I haven't played Black/White 1, but my friends and roommates have, and they constantly told me about how crappy the new designs were and showed me pictures of Garbodor, Chandelure, and Vanilluxe. I took their word for it until I got a 3DS and downloaded the 3D Pokedex and saw some cool designs like Dewott, Samurott, Lillipup, Minccino, Eelektross, Mienfoo, and Hydreigon.

Then I got Black 2 last Christmas and saw Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile, Leavanny, Simisage, Joltik, Galvantula, Zebstrika, Excadrill, Bisharp, Haxorus, Volcarona, Golurk, Escavalier, Sawsbuck, and some more and wondered wtf my friends were doing during the parts of the game that did not show trash bags, chandeliers, and ice cream.

This, so Godam much. I can respect other opinions, but I will never take the hate seriously when people tell me all the Pokemon are bad, but only use 2-3 ****ing Pokemon as their "compelling" arguements. I await the day for when someone will go through the entire BW Dex, from Victini all the way to Genesect, and constructively breakdown each Pokemon, evos and all, and explain why they are bad. And I would look for reasonable observation, not immature 5-year old remarks like "DuRHUR It LooKs LIKe A PenIZ."

There's a Pokemon that looks like a penis now?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#42pokemonfreak97Posted 4/29/2013 3:29:06 PM
You know, I've never actually ended up in an argument with someone who believes that NONE of the Pokémon from Gens III and IV are good. I've had people say that Arceus was proof that Pokémon had jumped the shark, and for some reason everyone hates Garbodor and Vanilluxe (What's wrong with them? Pokémon should have identifiable concepts, and those two do that job well. Competitively is a different story...) and sometimes, those same people that hate Garbodor and Vanilluxe say that Volcarona's concept is "not simple enough" (Or maybe I'm just confusing them with iKhanic. Apologies to him if I am.)

But yeah, that bottom half should be sprinkled with Vanilluxe.

No pun intended.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#43LightningAce11Posted 4/29/2013 3:36:19 PM
Genwunners are like religious extremists.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#44austinglPosted 4/29/2013 3:38:19 PM
jayman7 posted...
NumberXI posted...
Heeeeey!!!! Im a gen 1 guy and I take offense to this!!!

Garbodor's AWESOME!!!! Eff all of you

If you say "Garbodor is awesome" and you're not kidding, then you're probably not a genwunner. A genwunner is not just someone who started playing Pokemon with the first generation; it is someone who acts as though the first-gen Pokemon are super-amazingly-awesome with no flaws and everything else sucks.

But there are no flaws and and they are super awesome. Generations 2 and 3 are good. But gen 4 and 5 are for the most part stupid to me. I like Palkia and Infernape line.
---
Official Red Eyes B. Dragon of WC2011 board
If you don't believe in a god then shut up about not believing.
#45Sebas27Posted 4/29/2013 3:40:45 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Sebas27 posted...
I haven't played Black/White 1, but my friends and roommates have, and they constantly told me about how crappy the new designs were and showed me pictures of Garbodor, Chandelure, and Vanilluxe. I took their word for it until I got a 3DS and downloaded the 3D Pokedex and saw some cool designs like Dewott, Samurott, Lillipup, Minccino, Eelektross, Mienfoo, and Hydreigon.

Then I got Black 2 last Christmas and saw Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile, Leavanny, Simisage, Joltik, Galvantula, Zebstrika, Excadrill, Bisharp, Haxorus, Volcarona, Golurk, Escavalier, Sawsbuck, and some more and wondered wtf my friends were doing during the parts of the game that did not show trash bags, chandeliers, and ice cream.

This, so Godam much. I can respect other opinions, but I will never take the hate seriously when people tell me all the Pokemon are bad, but only use 2-3 ****ing Pokemon as their "compelling" arguements. I await the day for when someone will go through the entire BW Dex, from Victini all the way to Genesect, and constructively breakdown each Pokemon, evos and all, and explain why they are bad. And I would look for reasonable observation, not immature 5-year old remarks like "DuRHUR It LooKs LIKe A PenIZ."

No. That was just an example to set the bar. I also wouldn't accept "it looks dumb" or "it looks wierd"
#46Dark_Link92Posted 4/30/2013 3:18:50 PM
iKhanic posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
I have a friend who is a genwunner, and he genuinely believes RBY are the best even in terms of gameplay. He also refuses to accept that Grimmer, Muk, Seel, and Dewgong are bad designs. It infuriates me.

Probably because they aren't bad designs. Just like Klink, Beartic, and Litwick aren't bad designs. They just aren't wildly complex or convoluted like say, Magmar or Volcarona.

Muk is a good design because its supposed to represent a sort of revenge by the pollution human's cause. They tried to do something similar with Garbodor, but they gave it a derpy face that hardly anyone takes seriously.

I'm sorry, I like designs from each gen. But when people just go ahead bashing pokemon like Muk and Seel (two of my favorite Gen 1 pokemon btw), they become just as bad as the people bashing Klink and Litwick.

You're right, maybe "bad" was the wrong word. But those designs are often criticised for being objects with eyes slapped on or otherwise unimaginative, but in reality, no gen is really better or worse for it than any other (except maybe Gen 3, which didn't really have a lot of that type of thing).
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#47EnferolunosPosted 4/30/2013 3:20:34 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Sebas27 posted...

https://www.google.com/search?q=combusken&client=firefox-a&hs=wfz&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=m0OAUcbjE9HH0AGbloGgCA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=865
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#48isaturnPosted 4/30/2013 3:34:01 PM

chandelure is one of my favorite pokemon

ugh genwunners
#49GiftedACIIIPosted 4/30/2013 6:15:06 PM
isaturn posted...

ugh genwunners

Yeah Chandelure was one of the best designed Pokemon. Some people just think that Pokemon should be all animals which it's not.
#50DarkDragon386Posted 4/30/2013 6:38:01 PM(edited)
GiftedACIII posted...
isaturn posted...

ugh genwunners

Yeah Chandelure was one of the best designed Pokemon. Some people just think that Pokemon should be all animals which it's not.

The better one that I've seen the same people use:

"This lamp thing sucks. It isn't even an animal or anything. Just a lamp. Durant sucks, it's just an ant"

I read this on Youtube.

Speaking of Youtube, I remember watching this video bashing the unoriginality of the Gen IV designs.

"We need more original designs"

*shows picture of Finneon*

"Oh. yay that's a fish that evolves into a bigger fish"

*shows picture of Alakazam* (that was actually Hitmonlee, my mistake)

"What is this thing. I have no clue. That's why it's awesome"

I had a feeling he was going to throw a Dusknoir in there and say "what's this? And that's why is sucks" But, I was pleasantly surprised he didn't.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)