This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starter evolutions revealed?

#71Rose_MagePosted 4/30/2013 2:31:27 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Here it is if anyone else wants to see it: http://i.imgur.com/PeU3rHr.jpg

They're... actually decent

That giant frog is pretty awesome.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official DEOXYS fan and Caitlin of the Pokemon X board, Official Cherche of the FEA board
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#72R0cks0l1ddPosted 4/30/2013 2:36:26 PM
Chespin evo placed between the 2 pages, yeah definitely legit.

Also, they just look like larger versions of the starters.
---
Official everything of every board.
#73Rogue MuttPosted 4/30/2013 2:43:25 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Still works for me. Guess my browser had it cached.

Here it is if anyone else wants to see it: http://i.imgur.com/PeU3rHr.jpg

You know, I don't actually hate any of them.
---
Alakazam Arcanine Flygon Golduck Primeape Tyranitar
#74DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/30/2013 3:04:32 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
There's no way Fennekin's Evolution would be Fire/Fighting by looking at that.

Then it's confirmed fake.

WAIT ONE F***ING SECOND

IT'S FLEXING ITS RIGHT FORELEG

IT'S A FIRE/FIGHTING TYPE

Hahaha, this is a troll pic. The fox's foreleg is covered by Japanese letters, the Chespin Evo is in the magazine's crease, the frog is ugly as sin, it's too early for CoroCoro and they wouldn't reveal the starter evos this early anyway
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#75RingsOfUranusPosted 4/30/2013 11:50:02 PM
SlimeStack posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...
FuneralCake posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...
Just posting Exif information, not assumptions.

Well, sure, I get that, but... I guess it's just that it seems fairly obvious that it's a fake, and nobody's really thinking otherwise, so... why?

I didn't read the entire thread. I just grabbed the picture and checked it out. Usually it's fairly easy to identify a faked photo like this in PS and oPanda, but this one, not so much. I was actually kind of surprised tbh.

Well it goes deeper than photoshop skills. The way the page is designed doesn't match an existing magazine at all, and there's an almost 0% chance that the starters would get revealed now in a random magazine that's seemingly not CoroCoro. We'd be lucky to even see a random normal type in CoroCoro this early. Not to mention CoroCoro is due in 2 weeks, so now is an incredibly unlikely time for any reveals.

I really don't mean to sound like as big of an ass as I do, but, I don't care. It's still speculative to decide the magazine isn't real, it's not speculative to say the particular image in the photo has not been photoshopped and if the 'magazine' was, then it was done extremely well. I don't care either way, I'm not attempting to make a case for why it's definitely real or even to propose tangible evidence in its favor, I just posted what an examination of the photo revealed to me through the use of third party software image software. You don't need to convince me it's fake, because I'm not attempting to say that it isn't.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#76MilsoPosted 5/1/2013 2:07:28 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
I don't see why they'd skip the poor middle evos for the final evos. Plus they didn't do that in Gen V.

They've never revealed starter evolutions, except with Black and White and that was only the middle stages and most likely only because the concept art for them in the anime was leaked months in advance.

Nintendo could obviously throw another curve ball, there's been quite a few with this gen already, but it's still unlikely they'll show us any of the starter evolutions, so suddenly seeing the final forms should be suspicious without even looking at the pictures.
---
rawr
#77Big_IsaacPosted 5/1/2013 3:05:35 AM
these don't look half bad.
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#78nightblade_hawkPosted 5/1/2013 3:31:42 AM
Now that I've looked at these a little bit more I think I can tell the Types:

Fennekin's Evo - Fire
Chespin's Evo - Grass/Fighting
Froakie's Evo - Water/Ice

The longer I look at them I think these are actually real. o___O (Even though Fennekin's Evo just has 3 Legs)
#79SammuthegreatPosted 5/1/2013 3:39:31 AM
Not particularly sold on any of them to be honest, so hopefully they are fake (seems more likely than not at this stage).

Fennekin's evo is a bit gawky - that neck is way too long and ruins any elegance it might have had. I'd imagine the real final evo will be pretty effeminate but hopefully a bit less than this one. A male version of this would be like a female Machamp - all wrong.

Chespin's seems ok, although clearly it's difficult to tell. I don't like the pose - the arms and shoulders look bandy and clumsy. Otherwise looks promising.

Froakie's is just dull. I mean, there's nothing particularly wrong with it given that I really like Froakie to begin with, but it's just a bigger version of the starter form. Every single distinguishing feature is exactly the same - the nose blob, the white stuff around the neck and back, the hands, the pose, the dark stripe between the eyes... none of it has changed or developed like they usually do. The only things added are a darker patch on his belly and a bit of detail at the elbow.

Thinking about it, Chespin's "evo" seems to have near enough the exact same hat. This seems unlikely. If any part of Chespin is going to develop and extend, surely it's the hat.

I'm going to assume, like everyone else, that these aren't real. Does anyone read Japanese?
#80DoctorJimmy133Posted 5/1/2013 3:43:43 AM
Now that I've looked at these a little bit more I think I can tell the Types:

Fennekin's Evo - Fire
Chespin's Evo - Grass/Fighting
Froakie's Evo - Water/Ice

The longer I look at them I think these are actually real. o___O (Even though Fennekin's Evo just has 3 Legs)

I refer you to post #074: Fennekin's evo is Fire/Fighting. Its fourth leg is obscured by Japanese characters, but it's flexing.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.