This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evolving Pokemon should be a memorable experience.

#1levyjl1988Posted 4/29/2013 9:04:26 PM
It should have a unique evolving animation instead of the generic animation. It needs to evoke that excitement fans have been craving...

To be able to evolve during a battle like the anime, in this case the whole exp gain has to be drastically changed, perhaps a Pokemon can be given exp after it attacks much like Fire Emblem: Awakening?

I'm not sure if GameFreak is going to give us fans the short end of the stick. As the franchise can be pushed even further but taking molasses of a time to get there.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 4/29/2013 9:06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdthiJMxXhw

So, something like the new evolution animation the anime, where the Pokemon's eyes glow red and it's actually shown growing and morphing into the new Pokemon?
#3IAmBearGryllsPosted 4/29/2013 9:08:08 PM
So, these "Pokemon" specimens are capable of evolution?

Very intriguing.
#4FuneralCakePosted 4/29/2013 9:08:10 PM
I actually really liked the way they did it in gen 5. Hopefully they keep it that way.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
stab slowly and let it die, this is the best life my money can buy
#5ThatKippPosted 4/29/2013 9:25:49 PM
I actually really liked the way they did it in gen 5. Hopefully they keep it that way.

I'm not really sure how splitting up the sprite into a bunch of little rectangles, spinning them around and putting them back together again would translate to 3D models.
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6FuneralCakePosted 4/29/2013 9:27:51 PM
Well, 3D models are usually composed of triangular faces, so those can just be exploded and then recombined in a similar fashion as the animation in 5th gen.
---
THAT'S MISS HOME ROWED TO YOU
stab slowly and let it die, this is the best life my money can buy