This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We haven't had a serious discussion about Fennekin in a while.

#41Strain42Posted 5/6/2013 9:33:48 AM
I never believed the Chinese Zodiac thing simply because of Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil ain't a Rat. Rodent, probably, but that'd be like saying if he'd been a Capybara it would still count because "Hey, they're related, right?"

The other one that Gen 6 apparently broke was the thing about all Grass starters being Reptiles (though now I hear people are using Chespin to believe that Grass starters represent actual evolution and we're finally getting into mammalian creatures) I never really put much stock into that one either...

The only one that hasn't been broken (and the only one I believe GameFreak intentionally does) is the one about all Water starters being amphibious creatures that work on both land and water. Until the day comes when our water starter is a normal Fish or something, that one is sticking around.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#42EnferolunosPosted 5/6/2013 9:40:06 AM
Strain42 posted...
I never believed the Chinese Zodiac thing simply because of Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil ain't a Rat. Rodent, probably, but that'd be like saying if he'd been a Capybara it would still count because "Hey, they're related, right?"

The other one that Gen 6 apparently broke was the thing about all Grass starters being Reptiles (though now I hear people are using Chespin to believe that Grass starters represent actual evolution and we're finally getting into mammalian creatures) I never really put much stock into that one either...

The only one that hasn't been broken (and the only one I believe GameFreak intentionally does) is the one about all Water starters being amphibious creatures that work on both land and water. Until the day comes when our water starter is a normal Fish or something, that one is sticking around.

Well, strictly speaking, turtles and crocodiles are reptiles, penguins are birds, and otters are mammals. Only mudkip and froakie are based on true amphibians
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#43Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 4:08:54 PM
ReachOutToTruth posted...
Good! Then listen up! My favorite FENNEKIN... It...cute...lovely...
smart...plus...amazing...you think so?...oh yes...it...stunning...
kindly...love it! Hug it...when...sleeping...warm and cuddly...
spectacular...ravishing... ...Oops! Look at the time! I kept you
too long! Thanks for hearing me out! I want you to have this!

Ha! I wouldn't have gotten that if not for replaying pokemon yellow recently.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#44KillerMechanoidPosted 5/6/2013 4:11:58 PM
Windyligth posted...
We haven't had a serious discussion about Fennekin in a while.

Windyligth posted...
I'll be disappointed if they aren't Fire/Fighting; Fennekin being the first firestarter I actually like, it would be my first time using a Fire/Fighting type, which I've always thought to be a great type wasted on ugly pokemon.

Not sure if serious.

Unless you actually mean it (and hope that it's a Special Attacker instead of the same boring brawlers like the previous 3)
#45Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 4:16:13 PM
Very serious. I'm surprised so many are against the fire fighting type, seeing as how Typhlosion and Charizard kinda suck.
---
#46KillerMechanoidPosted 5/6/2013 4:22:01 PM
Fennekin's final evo should be a very special-oriented pokemon. Probably even learning Aura Sphere or something. Being a Special Ki practicioner is the only thing that would make me like it if it was Fire/Fighting (we need more of these- more than 90% of fighting types are physical brawlers).
#47Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 4:23:41 PM
Sort of like Lucario? Yeah, I can dig it.
---
#48Strain42Posted 5/6/2013 4:46:06 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Strain42 posted...

Well, strictly speaking, turtles and crocodiles are reptiles, penguins are birds, and otters are mammals. Only mudkip and froakie are based on true amphibians

Amphibious is a word used to describe any animal that can live on land or in water. It is not limited to amphibians themselves.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/amphibious?s=t
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#49VegantoKeensPosted 5/6/2013 10:59:39 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Well just because you can call a male one a dog, doesn't mean it is a dog. Different genus and species. It's a Fennec fox.

Fennekin is no further from being a dog than the Cyndaquil line is to being a rat. If the Chinese zodiac was a thing in the first place, Fennekin didn't break it.

inb4charizardbrokethezodiac

O now I see what is going on. I never agreed to the zodiac in the first place and I never said I did. Cyndaquil is an echidna. Besides, an eventual fire goat? **** that.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#50wolf riderPosted 5/6/2013 11:06:00 PM
Based on its appearance, I say Fire/Fairy.