This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this only me or anyone here always choose fire pokemon as a starter?

#1prince_1994Posted 4/30/2013 3:03:05 AM
Also if you could choose any pokemon as a starter.. what it would be???
#2LightningAce11Posted 4/30/2013 3:09:53 AM
Omastar.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#3VegantoKeensPosted 4/30/2013 3:13:20 AM
I'd choose Ralts or Aron as a starter.

I always check the starter's end typing before choosing. Pure fire and grass types mostly suck. Water is nice, but there is a lot of choice int he wild. Blaziken is the only fire type I would always choose. Empoleon IMO is by far the best starter though. Water/Steel is just sick.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#4TherianReturnsPosted 4/30/2013 3:32:12 AM
As the only true Pokemon fan, I find ways to pick all the starters, spanning different games. Tepig in Black, Oshawott in White and Snivy in White 2.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 4/30/2013 4:05:57 AM(edited)
I just pick whichever one I like most... Which usually happens to be Fire. The only times I don't pick Fire are Gens 5 and will be Gen 6.

EDIT: Ah, right. I would probably choose Scyther (if I could evolve it without trading) or maybe Axew.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#6zane0144Posted 4/30/2013 4:04:56 AM
If I could evolve it without trade, Scyther. If not, Feebas. Only other two I'd want are Beldum and Dieno, but they evolve way too late to be viable starters.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#7Gray_AreasPosted 4/30/2013 4:57:41 AM
I choose whichever appeals to me most. Which were all Water starters until Gen 4. But eventually I try to use them all.

As for my personal choice of starter, it would be Riolu. I love the Lucario line.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#8NitharadPosted 4/30/2013 5:30:24 AM
Well, the fire starter is a really good choice most of the time since a many generations lack good easy-to-get fire types, and a good fire-type should be a staple of any team (at least in single player).

For this reason I choosed the water type in Black/White because they had good fire pokemon, yet no good water types.

And overall I would want Blaziken, especially a speed boost one.
I remember my Blaziken slaugtering it's way through the elite 4 like a hot lightsaber through warm butter.
#9Pooo869Posted 4/30/2013 6:31:37 AM(edited)
i always chose water, no matter how derpy it looks....... ok there is a a point to the derpyness(derpieness?) and i froakie is just to derpy for me

EDIT: as for any starter, i would take empoleon any day of the week
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
#10Strain42Posted 4/30/2013 9:06:27 AM
Generally I pick the Water starter because you never know if I might need Surf prior to catching a Water type I want to actually use in my team, and because admittedly I usually like the water types better.

If I could pick any Pokemon as a starter...I'd probably go with Gastly because Haunter is my favorite Pokemon.

But I think Cubone would also make a good starter.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)