This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this only me or anyone here always choose fire pokemon as a starter?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is this only me or anyone here always choose fire pokemon as a starter?
3 years ago#1
Also if you could choose any pokemon as a starter.. what it would be???
3 years ago#2
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
3 years ago#3
I'd choose Ralts or Aron as a starter.

I always check the starter's end typing before choosing. Pure fire and grass types mostly suck. Water is nice, but there is a lot of choice int he wild. Blaziken is the only fire type I would always choose. Empoleon IMO is by far the best starter though. Water/Steel is just sick.
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
3 years ago#4
As the only true Pokemon fan, I find ways to pick all the starters, spanning different games. Tepig in Black, Oshawott in White and Snivy in White 2.
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
3 years ago#5
I just pick whichever one I like most... Which usually happens to be Fire. The only times I don't pick Fire are Gens 5 and will be Gen 6.

EDIT: Ah, right. I would probably choose Scyther (if I could evolve it without trading) or maybe Axew.
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
3 years ago#6
If I could evolve it without trade, Scyther. If not, Feebas. Only other two I'd want are Beldum and Dieno, but they evolve way too late to be viable starters.
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
3 years ago#7
I choose whichever appeals to me most. Which were all Water starters until Gen 4. But eventually I try to use them all.

As for my personal choice of starter, it would be Riolu. I love the Lucario line.
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
3 years ago#8
Well, the fire starter is a really good choice most of the time since a many generations lack good easy-to-get fire types, and a good fire-type should be a staple of any team (at least in single player).

For this reason I choosed the water type in Black/White because they had good fire pokemon, yet no good water types.

And overall I would want Blaziken, especially a speed boost one.
I remember my Blaziken slaugtering it's way through the elite 4 like a hot lightsaber through warm butter.
3 years ago#9
i always chose water, no matter how derpy it looks....... ok there is a a point to the derpyness(derpieness?) and i froakie is just to derpy for me

EDIT: as for any starter, i would take empoleon any day of the week
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
3 years ago#10
Generally I pick the Water starter because you never know if I might need Surf prior to catching a Water type I want to actually use in my team, and because admittedly I usually like the water types better.

If I could pick any Pokemon as a starter...I'd probably go with Gastly because Haunter is my favorite Pokemon.

But I think Cubone would also make a good starter.
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Is this only me or anyone here always choose fire pokemon as a starter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived