This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kind of a strange request...

#1plasmawisp1713Posted 4/30/2013 7:17:21 AM
So I made this hangman program in C++ and I'm having a lot of fun playing around with it.

I've set up the words as such that I can have them placed in a file called hangman.dat formatted like so.

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur

So they are each on their own lines and such.
I think it would be really fun playing Hangman with all 649 (I guess you could say 655 with the new starters, legendaries, and Sylveon). Because I did find a big list of tough words, but I cant get them because they are, as I said, tough. I would have so much fun guessing what Pokemon it is after a few guesses!

I could go through and type every single Pokemon, but it's the end of the semester at College right now - I have a lot of work to do, and I am wondering if anyone knows where I can copy and paste a list of all 649 Pokemon formatted like above. Also, I added a bubble sort and a binary sort function in the program (if you don't know what those are, they automatically alphabetize all the words in the .dat file) so they don't even have to be alphabetical or in order.

I'm not trying to come off as lazy or anything, but it would take a long time to type out all 649 Pokemon, and what if I make a typo?

Thanks in advance!

(Also, I'll figure out how to export the console application so other people can play too)

Thanks guise!
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#2RunebogglePosted 4/30/2013 7:19:55 AM
I'm actually also interested in this for C++ reasons... <_<

Scary.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6SR0TYlWw
#3EnferolunosPosted 4/30/2013 7:20:49 AM
I would like to point out that a hangman game with Pokemon names only is probably incredibly easy to beat.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#4ZabuzadonoPosted 4/30/2013 7:25:31 AM
Grab the serebii pokedex for gen 5 (you may need to paste into notebook to get formatting correct), then paste into excel. copy the column with the names, and paste into notebook. there is your pokemon list :)

It's how I create easy lists from html tables...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#5plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 7:28:24 AM
Zabuzadono posted...
Grab the serebii pokedex for gen 5 (you may need to paste into notebook to get formatting correct), then paste into excel. copy the column with the names, and paste into notebook. there is your pokemon list :)

To be honest, I really hate how poorly Serebii is formatted. Is there a place where I can copy all of them on one page, or what?
---
#6ZabuzadonoPosted 4/30/2013 7:31:51 AM
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Zabuzadono posted...

To be honest, I really hate how poorly Serebii is formatted. Is there a place where I can copy all of them on one page, or what?

how about bulbapedia?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_V)
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#7plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 7:33:04 AM
Okay nevermind, I just viewed the source html, but when I pasted into excel, it just did it all in on row (for each pokemon) and all of them have these html blah blah like so.

<option value="/pokedex-bw/001.shtml">001 Bulbasaur

I'd like to get rid of everything before Bulbasaur, and luckily there is a space. How would I go about doing that in excel? I'm a little unfamiliar with that.
---
#8plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 7:43:39 AM(edited)
Okay, bulbapedia's went in much nicer! It put all the info in columns separate! I'm going to try and delete all the other columns! My 4 gigs of ram sure is working hard!

EDIT: Allright! I got it all in notepad at the moment, I just have to go through and delete the multiples (Castform and Kyurem have more than one form, etc).

Does anyone want a copy of it when I'm done?
---