This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Darkness weather effect (abilities & moves included)

#1Purple_TaterPosted 4/30/2013 10:42:51 AM
Darkness (Weather Effect)

+ Boosts Dark type & Ghost type move's power by 50%
+ Psychic & Normal type's move damage is reduced by 50%
+ Moonlight move restores more health (around 16%-20% more)
+ All Dark type moves have 100% accuracy (excluding Dark Void) and will always hit regardless of evasion chance
+ All Psychic moves are 30% less accurate

Doom Cloud (Move)

+ Activates Darkness for 5 turns, then reverts back to normal (10 PP)

Doom Swipe (Move)

+ Critical hits summon the Darkness for 3 turns (Base Damage: 50) (Critical Chance: 15%) (20 PP)

Night Prowler (Ability)

Speed gradually increases in Darkness. (Similar to Speed Boost in that for every turn the Pokemon with this ability stays in, their Speed increases by 1 stage. Speed increases do not reset when weather effect is over. Only when they switch out will their Speed return to normal)

Night Healer (Ability)

Recover 1/10 HP in the Darkness every turn.

Dark Armor (Ability)

Defense and Special Defense increase by 1 stage when in the Darkness.

So, what do you think? It could probably use some tweaking, but I think that what I listed could be viable if it was to be implemented. Not saying it will be ;)
---
Xbox Live GT- PurpleTater
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/30/2013 10:44:13 AM
I kinda like it, but why is Normal so much weaker?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#3Peachrules14Posted 4/30/2013 10:46:06 AM
The new Swift Swim. Banished to ubers.
---
SSBB: 4940-5108-0974
#4VegantoKeensPosted 4/30/2013 10:48:42 AM
Inb4darktypeisaboutdirtyightingblablabla
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#5Twilight_SonataPosted 4/30/2013 10:52:40 AM(edited)
Having it increase the power and accuracy of Dark moves and decrease the power and accuracy of Psychic moves is overkill, like you're trying to make it do too much for no apparent reason. Increasing the power of one while decreasing the power of the other OR increasing the accuracy of one while decreasing the accuracy of the other is plenty.

Also, this is sure to spawn yet another "debate" on the nature of Dark type, because most darkness-themed moves are actually Ghost-type and because most Dark-type moves are actually themes as being underhanded and using dirty tactics as opposed to anything to do with darkness.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#6Purple_Tater(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 10:53:27 AM
Peachrules14 posted...
The new Swift Swim. Banished to ubers.

I thought the reason Swift Swim was banned was because of Politoed getting the Drizzle ability. Ya know, because infinite rain = everlasting speed increase?

Oh I think I see what you mean. Have any thoughts on how to remedy the problem with Night Prowler without saying "remove it." then? No hostility intended, just asking for an opinion :)
---
Xbox Live GT- PurpleTater
#7Blues255Posted 4/30/2013 10:57:45 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
Also, this is sure to spawn yet another "debate" on the nature of Dark type, because most darkness-themed moves are actually Ghost-type and because most Dark-type moves are actually themes as being underhanded and using dirty tactics as opposed to anything to do with darkness.

I was thinking this too, but then I think it's more like dirty tactics are easier to do in darkness, like Sucker Punching, or Night Slash.. ing.

When I think about Dark-type, I think about street fighting. Scraggy/Scrafty look like street fighters (Heh).
---
Chocobos. Chocobos everywhere.
#8Twilight_SonataPosted 4/30/2013 11:08:44 AM
Blues255 posted...
I was thinking this too, but then I think it's more like dirty tactics are easier to do in darkness, like Sucker Punching, or Night Slash.. ing.

I would buy this, but then I still think Ghosts should benefit at least as much as Dark-types do, and the move itself that causes this darkness should probably be Ghost-type.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#9Roc_RaidaPosted 4/30/2013 11:27:19 AM
Darkness weather should simply be lowering the accuracy of every Pokemon but Dark types and Pokemon with certain abilities. (and maybe Ghosts)

And have extra abilities like raising speed under Darkness (like Swift Swim), or raising the power of Dark, Ghost and Psychic by 1.3 (like Sand Force) and a recover 1/16 of health under Darkness (like Ice Body)
#10Davidk92Posted 4/30/2013 11:28:38 AM
I always welcome new weather effects.

Any chance of a new Castform form from it?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot