This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard looks like a dragon, but is not.

#11MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 3:31:09 PM
Enferolunos posted...
MDS2005 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Seel looks like a seal, but it's not.

Water type isn't Seal Type.

You're doing it wrong.

And you didn't? <_<
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#12EnferolunosPosted 4/30/2013 3:32:25 PM
MDS2005 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
MDS2005 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

You're doing it wrong.

And you didn't? <_<

He said the other pokemon weren't fish/frogs because they weren't water type.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#13MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 3:33:29 PM
Enferolunos posted...
MDS2005 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
MDS2005 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

You're doing it wrong.

And you didn't? <_<

He said the other pokemon weren't fish/frogs because they weren't water type.

And?
---
#14EnferolunosPosted 4/30/2013 3:36:57 PM
MDS2005 posted...
And?

I dunno

This whole thing is inane :/

I don't understand why people argue over stupid definitions
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
#15MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 3:45:04 PM
Enferolunos posted...
MDS2005 posted...
And?

I dunno

It only makes sense when it has to do with Dragon, Bug, or Ghost types. ...Maybe Steel, too, but when do people argue over whether a specific pokemon is made of metal or not? <.<

...While Dragons, bugs, and ghosts refer to beings of some kind. the others are just elements or attributes. The way I see it, it's not a Dragon if it lacks the Dragon Type, and the same with Bug type or Ghost type. It is one if it has one of those types. There is no "Seal Type" so Seel is a Seal(-like Pokemon), without needing such a type, because it doesn't exist.

...MAN, I put way too much thought into this. <_<
---
#16EnferolunosPosted 4/30/2013 3:49:03 PM
MDS2005 posted...
Enferolunos posted...
MDS2005 posted...
And?

I dunno

It only makes sense when it has to do with Dragon, Bug, or Ghost types. ...Maybe Steel, too, but when do people argue over whether a specific pokemon is made of metal or not? <.<

...While Dragons, bugs, and ghosts refer to beings of some kind. the others are just elements or attributes. The way I see it, it's not a Dragon if it lacks the Dragon Type, and the same with Bug type or Ghost type. It is one if it has one of those types. There is no "Seal Type" so Seel is a Seal(-like Pokemon), without needing such a type, because it doesn't exist.

...MAN, I put way too much thought into this. <_<

I didn't ask for an explanation
People (not you) are just stupid, and think such trivial technicalities in definitions are worth arguing about, and it drives me crazy
---
#17DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/30/2013 3:50:23 PM
*A simple case for Charizard being a dragon*

Imagine there is no Dragon type. Charizard could not be any more of a dragon because it's a flying, fire-breathing lizard used by Lance alongside his Dragonite and Chinese dragon. The fact that there is a Dragon type makes no difference because Fire and Flying fit Charizard just as well as Dragon does, and the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line in Gen I.

Calling Charizard a dragon is just like calling Heatmor an anteater, or calling Excadrill a mole.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#18MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 3:56:26 PM(edited)
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Imagine there is no Dragon type. Charizard could not be any more of a dragon because it's a flying, fire-breathing lizard used by Lance alongside his Dragonite and Chinese dragon. The fact that there is a Dragon type makes no difference because Fire and Flying fit Charizard just as well as Dragon does, and the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line in Gen I.

Calling Charizard a dragon is just like calling Heatmor an anteater, or calling Excadrill a mole.

If there was no Dragon-type, then more people (including me) would agree that it's a dragon, but there IS such a type, and it doesn't have it, so Charizard isn't a dragon.

The last line in that quote doesn't work until "Anteater" and "Mole" types are added to the games, and aren't given to Heatmor and Excadrill.
---
#19DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/30/2013 3:59:58 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

If there was no Dragon-type, then more people (including me) would agree that it's a dragon, but there IS such a type, and it doesn't have it, so Charizard isn't a dragon.

The last line in that quote doesn't work until "Anteater" and "Mole" types are added to the games, and aren't given to Heatmor and Excadrill.

The fact that there is a Dragon type makes no difference because Fire and Flying fit Charizard just as well as Dragon does, and the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line in Gen I. No triple types, man.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#20Sticky_TailsPosted 4/30/2013 4:03:53 PM
dragon is a type. Pokemon are whatever their pokedex entry says they are. So Charizard is the Flame pokemon.
---
"Who cares about "level design" when you can go through everything with a homming attack?" a typical SA2 fan.