This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard looks like a dragon, but is not.

#21MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 4:04:20 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
The fact that there is a Dragon type makes no difference because Fire and Flying fit Charizard just as well as Dragon does, and the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line in Gen I. No triple types, man.

Dragon type's existence makes ALL the difference. If there was no Dragon-type, nobody would argue about Charizard's typing. But because it does exist, calling Charizard a dragon in anything but trying hard to look like one is wrong until he gets the typing. Fire and Flying fit Charizard so well because that's what its typing is, and not Dragon-type.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#22ColonelHawkPosted 4/30/2013 4:07:30 PM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66081460
#23wahaha911Posted 4/30/2013 4:14:37 PM
Rectangles aren't squares
BUT SQUARES ARE RECTANGLES!!!
CONTRADICTION!!!
---
Asianwide is on your side!!!
Wanna take a stupid test? Click here
#24DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/30/2013 4:22:34 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
The fact that there is a Dragon type makes no difference because Fire and Flying fit Charizard just as well as Dragon does, and the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line in Gen I. No triple types, man.

Dragon type's existence makes ALL the difference. If there was no Dragon-type, nobody would argue about Charizard's typing. But because it does exist, calling Charizard a dragon in anything but trying hard to look like one is wrong until he gets the typing. Fire and Flying fit Charizard so well because that's what its typing is, and not Dragon-type.

Let's say that Charizard is meant to be a Dragon by Game Freak. Why should they give it Fire/Dragon or Dragon/Flying rather than Fire/Flying? Why does Dragon take precedent? If anything Fire and Flying take precedent because the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line. Charizard, Gyarados and arguably Aerodactyl are dragon Pokémon, but they don't get Dragon typing because it's reserved for the Dratini line. Note how when they started giving the Dragon type to other Pokémon, no Pokémon that are not Dragon-type even resemble dragons.

The existence of a Dragon type changes nothing for Charizard because its typing is perfect for what it is. Flygon's typing also fits it, but it would take a moron to argue that it's not a bug. No triple types for Flygon, so we have to overlook the types and recognize Flygon for what it is. We need to realize that Flygon is Ground/Dragon because that is the type Game Freak wanted to give it, not Bug-type, but it's a bug regardless. Why can't we do that with Charizard? Oh, right, GameFAQs hates Charizard and loves Flygon.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#25MDS2005Posted 4/30/2013 4:29:46 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Let's say that Charizard is meant to be a Dragon by Game Freak. Why should they give it Fire/Dragon or Dragon/Flying rather than Fire/Flying? Why does Dragon take precedent? If anything Fire and Flying take precedent because the Dragon type was reserved for the Dratini line. Charizard, Gyarados and arguably Aerodactyl are dragon Pokémon, but they don't get Dragon typing because it's reserved for the Dratini line. Note how when they started giving the Dragon type to other Pokémon, no Pokémon that are not Dragon-type even resemble dragons.

The existence of a Dragon type changes nothing for Charizard because its typing is perfect for what it is. Flygon's typing also fits it, but it would take a moron to argue that it's not a bug. No triple types for Flygon, so we have to overlook the types and recognize Flygon for what it is. We need to realize that Flygon is Ground/Dragon because that is the type Game Freak wanted to give it, not Bug-type, but it's a bug regardless. Why can't we do that with Charizard? Oh, right, GameFAQs hates Charizard and loves Flygon.

But Flygon has no Bug typing. It's not a bug. Or else it would be Ground/Bug or Dragon/Bug. Just like Charizard, Aerodactyl, and Gyrados, except with Dragon-type. In fact, I don't see how ground fits Flygon at all. I'd think it'd be part Grass-type, instead. You know, being green and all.
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#26DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/30/2013 4:31:52 PM
But Flygon has no Bug typing. It's not a bug.

*rolls eyes*
*leaves*
*comes back*
Flygon is based on a "sand dragon" btw.
*leaves*
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#27The_Sol_BladerPosted 4/30/2013 4:34:43 PM
Flygon is based on a "sand dragon" btw.

Pretty sure it was based on an adult antlion
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Official Stahl of the FE: Awakening board