This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My new girlfriend won't let me buy this game...

#141kaliskonigPosted 4/30/2013 10:22:26 PM
LOL. Anytime my gf has ever been turned off by something I liked I sat her ass down and got her to check it out before I allowed her to bash my interests any further.Since then she can't put comics down, has learned all Anime is not about 15 year old girls with insane body proportions, Loves to play skylanders, And loves foreign films.
I couldn't watch old episodes of Nip/Tuck because she thought it was just about sex now she loves it after actually sitting her ass down to watch it.

Do her a favor and open her closed mindedness to new things. If she refuses to at least try to understand your interests then let that ass go!
#142MasterCyndaquilPosted 4/30/2013 10:25:32 PM
The hell? That ain't cool.
---
Yes guys, I have returned. No, my cat did not eat my Sapphire version.
#143ChargrilledPosted 4/30/2013 10:28:18 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
Dump her.

If she can't accept what you like, she obviously has no respect for you.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#144NimbusStevPosted 4/30/2013 10:35:25 PM(edited)
KeeperOfShadows posted...
War_Flame28 posted...
Windyligth posted...
If she still holds up to it, break up with her first.

I read that as "...break up with her with your fist." Was about to say.. it's not THAT bad.

Better than what I saw...

"break her with your fist"

Break her with your Machamp and then get yourself a new "new" girlfriend.

Why would you give up your interests just because she dislikes them? Buy the game and if she doesn't like that, too bad. Who wants to be in a relationship that makes you unhappy anyways?
#145combo88Posted 4/30/2013 10:42:12 PM
gpstylez posted...
Throw a pokeball at her head.

This is the correct answer.
#146asdfggghh1Posted 4/30/2013 10:46:42 PM
I played pokemon against my girlfriend one time. She barely won (I was using a team of random stuff and junk I hadn't trained)
And she REFUSES to do a rematch.

What do?
---
My balls do not blend.
#147KonoeAMercuryPosted 4/30/2013 10:53:12 PM(edited)
Dump her.
My gf is always tolerant when it comes to my gaming habits. The only thing she 'controls' is the way I spend my money since I can't handle it very well and spend all my money on games. lol
#148Devil_wings00Posted 4/30/2013 10:52:39 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
Dump her.

If she can't accept what you like, she obviously has no respect for you.

Yup find a new women, if a chick threatens to leave you because you enjoy something she views as socially unacceptable to her then she can, for lack of a better phrase, go eat someone elses d***.

Your not a dog and she seems to think she can train you via threats of leaving.

I used to a have a friend who dated a chick and she said if he left him she would kill herself. After wasting years of his life with this worthless cow he finally left and guess what? She didn't kill herself. So go find a women who doesn't try to control what you do. It's 2013 it shouldn't be hard to find a girl who shares the hobby of video games.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#149CressetPosted 4/30/2013 10:53:54 PM
SomeLikeItHoth posted...
What should I do? I told her I was excited for this game to come out and she said if I talk about Pokemon again she'll dump me.

She'll dump you anyway once you stop being entertaining. Would you be interested in a doormat that quits one of her hobbies just because you said it was annoying?
---
Being able to change keyboard settings is the right of all sentient gamers. - spydey_fan
#150RingsOfUranusPosted 4/30/2013 10:55:51 PM
TherianReturns posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Dumping her isn't enough! Take it a step further...

Find a girl who loves pokemon and hook up with her.

Such girls do not exist.

They do, but sadly most of them are 10...

Finding one, where I live, at my own age? Just don't have the drive...

You understand. Girls do not play Pokemon after the age of 18+ aka the dating age.

You definitely know the wrong females.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.