This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Heatran: The most common "legendary" in the Pokemon world?

#11LexifoxPosted 4/30/2013 9:54:54 PM
Latias and Latios are found in R/S/E, HG/SS, and BW2.
One of each appears in a movie that ends with a small pack of them appearing.
In the anime, Captain Darkrai had a Latios and a Nurse Joy is shown to have a Latias.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#12MM125Posted 4/30/2013 9:55:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13Hierarchy225(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 9:56:53 PM
Lexifox posted...
Latias and Latios are found in R/S/E, HG/SS, and BW2.
One of each appears in a movie that ends with a small pack of them appearing.
In the anime, Captain Darkrai had a Latios and a Nurse Joy is shown to have a Latias.

Woah I didn't even know that. Thats some cool info.
#14-Zeke-Posted 4/30/2013 9:59:08 PM
Remember Baby Lugia? Yeah...
---
"Official Toy Scraggy of the Pokemon Rumble U board"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#15Houou10Posted 4/30/2013 10:00:22 PM
the anime doesn't count. There's that trainer that had all 3 Regis, and a trainer with Darkrai, and nobody in the anime raised any eyebrows...
#16LexifoxPosted 4/30/2013 10:01:24 PM
On a related note, Articuno has appeared in the Kanto games, Platinum, HG/SS, and XD.

The games show that Brandon caught one.

It's had a cameo in three different movies and played a major role in the second. There's an anime episode that shows it traveling through (one of the characters wants a picture of it), and Nolan shows up with one as his friend in the anime.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#17LexifoxPosted 4/30/2013 10:03:21 PM
Houou10 posted...
the anime doesn't count. There's that trainer that had all 3 Regis, and a trainer with Darkrai, and nobody in the anime raised any eyebrows...

They did, in fact, raise eyebrows. It was a big deal that he had a Darkrai and Latios was a big freakout for everyone. Brandon is shown to be the strongest of the Frontier Brains, as well as the most mysterious, and there's a deal made out of his team.
---
#18EchoPhoenixPosted 4/30/2013 10:07:20 PM
Lexifox posted...
On a related note, Articuno has appeared in the Kanto games, Platinum, HG/SS, and XD.

I haven't actually played Platinum, but I've heard that it's implied that the Articuno in Platinum is the same one from Kanto. Same deal with the Latios/Latias example.
#19reaverzPosted 4/30/2013 10:10:26 PM
My theory is that Heatran was originally going to be the final stage of a second pseudo-legend line in Sinnoh. When they decided to make it legendary instead, they may have just changed its Egg Group and called it a day, which would explain its having a gender.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#20SilverSockPosted 4/30/2013 10:13:20 PM
reaverz posted...
My theory is that Heatran was originally going to be the final stage of a second pseudo-legend line in Sinnoh. When they decided to make it legendary instead, they may have just changed its Egg Group and called it a day, which would explain its having a gender.

That actually makes a lot of sense. In fact, this is probably too much of a stretch, but if you can see Garchomp as a Salamence parallel Heatran looks like it just might work as a Metagross parallel. If it had gotten 2 pre-evolutions, anyways.

Heheh...I like conspiracy theories.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson