This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, if the Fairy-type DOES end up being real...

#21jEr3mYPosted 5/3/2013 5:39:44 AM
How could Fairy type even work?? That ISNT an element of something, therefor would fail and not work...

Oh look, that new Pokemon is square.. Lets make a new type called "Shape"... same logic, fairies are an appearance thing, not an elemental thing..
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 17 - updated 22 March 2013
#22JennieFosterPosted 5/3/2013 5:54:00 AM
jEr3mY posted...
How could Fairy type even work?? That ISNT an element of something, therefor would fail and not work...

Oh look, that new Pokemon is square.. Lets make a new type called "Shape"... same logic, fairies are an appearance thing, not an elemental thing..

itt ghost is an element
itt steel is an element
itt bug is an element
#23Grammar_manPosted 5/3/2013 6:58:45 AM
jEr3mY posted...

Dragon(arguably more specific than fairy)
Ghost(arguably more specific than fairy)
Bug
#24EdwardoMario16Posted 5/3/2013 8:14:19 AM
What would "fairy" type even truly represent?

Mythological creatures/spirits that don't quite fit into "Ghost", and Cutemon.

like how "Ghost" deals with Souls, Shadows, Wisps, Spirits, the Undead.

I think "Fairy" will deal with Nymphs, Slyphs, Angels, Pixies, in particular.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#25SammuthegreatPosted 5/3/2013 8:18:50 AM
EdwardoMario16 posted...

Indeed. The more I think about it, the better it fits. I'm actually at the stage now where I'd really quite like Fairy to be a new type (although I'd much rather it were called Faerie or Fey). Just as long as the type isn't made up exclusively of Clefairies, Jigglypuffs and similar pink blobs. There could be some awesome mystical Faerie designs.

Previously I preferred Light, but that was because people always argued Light was covered by Psychic (which it isn't) and Fighting (which it isn't really). It is kinda covered by Electric though.
#26Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/4/2013 7:53:59 PM
Sammuthegreat posted...
EdwardoMario16 posted...

Indeed. The more I think about it, the better it fits. I'm actually at the stage now where I'd really quite like Fairy to be a new type (although I'd much rather it were called Faerie or Fey). Just as long as the type isn't made up exclusively of Clefairies, Jigglypuffs and similar pink blobs. There could be some awesome mystical Faerie designs.

Previously I preferred Light, but that was because people always argued Light was covered by Psychic (which it isn't) and Fighting (which it isn't really). It is kinda covered by Electric though.

Any of those are possible names they may choose in localization. Light, by the way, is covered by special Steel attacks.
#27patsfan2312Posted 5/4/2013 8:06:09 PM
Well they added steel type to the magnemite line in gen 2, so it could happen if there was a new fairy type. The only line that I see becoming fairy type would be the clefairy line, though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#28EstheimasterPosted 5/4/2013 8:11:22 PM
Think about the Fairy Egg Groupů Eh...
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#29Solar_Crimson(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 4:10:10 PM
What about all these guys?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairy_(Egg_Group)

I did reference that list when I made mine, but like with the Dragon group, not every Pokemon in the Fairy group would become Fairy-types.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#30Strain42Posted 5/8/2013 4:12:37 PM
If it DOES end up being real, I shrug my shoulders and go "Oh well. Looks like I was wrong." then I start looking into what the Fairy type actually is and what it will be offering the series.

If it doesn't, I lost absolutely nothing because I didn't get my hopes up.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)