This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Special Types?

#1ZombieAkanePosted 5/1/2013 6:19:34 AM
What are these?
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#2Great_ReapettePosted 5/1/2013 6:22:20 AM
The types whose moves were all non-physical before Gen IV.
They are:
Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Grass, Psychic, Dark, and Dragon.

Dark is lulzy because every Dark-type move was Special in Gen III, whereas every Dark-type move from Gen III or lower was reclassed as Physical in Gen IV.
---
Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, staring into your soul, using its duckiness.
QUACK.
#3ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:32:34 AM
thank you
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#4pokemonfreak97Posted 5/1/2013 8:39:40 AM
The only reason anyone mentions them is because all the existing Eeveelutions (who were created at a time when these types were still valid or at least still well-remembered by everyone) have them, and so this is used as a reason that there will be a Dragon-type Eeveelution this generation.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#5Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/1/2013 11:42:21 AM
From: Great_Reapette | Posted: 5/1/2013 9:22:20 PM | #002
Dark is lulzy because every Dark-type move was Special in Gen III, whereas every Dark-type move from Gen III or lower was reclassed as Physical in Gen IV.

You mean "every Dark-type move introduced in Gen IV was special type".

Anyway it makes sense, most dirty fighting is physical.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#6JuliMizrahiPosted 5/1/2013 11:47:14 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
From: Great_Reapette | Posted: 5/1/2013 9:22:20 PM | #002

Anyway it makes sense, most dirty fighting is physical.

What he meant was that moves like Bite and Crunch, which were Dark-type moves, were special in gen 2 and 3, because they were DARK, which was a "special type". Gen 4 got rid of the special type and made the individual moves physical or special, and every move that was Dark type in gen 3 coincidentally became a physical move when it transferred to gen 4.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#7jayman7Posted 5/1/2013 11:52:43 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...

Given that this is a) not true* and b) not remotely like what he said, and c) what he said was completely true**, I really doubt that he meant that.

* - Assurance, Fling, Night Slash, Payback, Punishment, and Sucker Punch are all Physical Dark-type moves introduced in the fourth gen; the only Special Dark-type move that existed at all in the fourth gen was Dark Pulse.

** - Again, the only Special Dark-type move in the fourth gen was Dark Pulse, which itself was introduced in the fourth gen. So all offensive Dark-type moves from older gens - every last one of them - went from Special to Physical.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/1/2013 12:11:23 PM
Ahh yeah my bad, it was the sentence structure of the post that got me off.

"Dark is lulzy because every Dark-type move was Special in Gen III, whereas every Dark-type move from Gen III or lower was reclassed as Physical in Gen IV."

Really made me confused.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!