This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick Question for Nuzlocke Runners

#1RPCShadowclawPosted 5/1/2013 7:13:54 AM
I enter battle on a new route for the first time with my Starly, Mina. The encountered pokemon is also a Starly. Due to Dupes Clause being in effect, I can't catch this wild Starly because I have Mina. During the course of combat, the wild Starly kills Mina. Which outcome applies next?

A) Allowed to catch Wild Starly, Mina's death qualifies it for route encounter.
B) Barred from catching wild Starly, encounter for route lost.
C) Barred from catching wild Starly, not counted as first new encounter.
D) Allowed to flee on Mina's death, encounter not lost.
E) OTHER.
#2CharizardFirePosted 5/1/2013 7:20:38 AM
E) You decide the rule.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3Brandon042487Posted 5/1/2013 7:24:35 AM
C IMO
---
<(x_x)>
#4Shadow Flare13Posted 5/1/2013 8:52:52 AM
You kinda need to set up your version of the rules and make decisions as situations like these happen.

I've played with one (and I think once, two) duplicate(s) allowed meaning a Pokemon could take up your route encounter for 2-3 areas. It's up to you, but in games with smaller dexs and thus less diverse areas, you kinda need to allow for duplicates or at the very least have them end your chance for a Pokemon in that area (but I've put a limit on how many times one Pokemon species could do this).
#5pokemonfreak97Posted 5/1/2013 11:45:18 AM
The viable options are A, C, and D. B is just cruel, and E is just "Make your own rule!" which would be A, C, or D. So A is Dupes Clause based on ownership at the time, C is Dupes Clause based on ownership ever, and D is the same as C, but with fleeing--which really doesn't add anything. So you have to decide--is your Dupes Clause permanent (if I have a Starly ever, I can never catch another one) or temporary (If I have access to a Starly right now, I cannot catch another one)?
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#6Lone_HunterPosted 5/1/2013 11:54:43 AM
Personally I play by rule "B".
---
~Elite Divided Guild Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~
FC: (W)1249-2194-5577 (W2)2924-7521-0718
#7ninjarauiPosted 5/1/2013 12:34:14 PM
Lone_Hunter posted...
Personally I play by rule "B".

me aswell, although I have yet to finish one. My latest ended with sabrina.
#8Cpt_CalamityPosted 5/1/2013 12:37:15 PM
In Black 2 I was just catching the first Pokemon I saw on the route. However, after two Rattatas, two Sandshrews, two Trubbishes, two Pidoves, and two Frillish/Jellicents, I decided to stop doing repeats when I ran into a second Shelmet and a second Woobat.

Basically, play how you want and adjust rules as necessary.
---
Where is my desk?
#9ryudin89Posted 5/1/2013 12:37:57 PM
Dupes clause is C. You already owned that pokemon you get another try but you lost out on starly for the rest of the game.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#10SammuthegreatPosted 5/1/2013 12:39:56 PM
I've never played with a "no dupes" rule. If you've had it before, tough. It's still your first encounter. Nuzlocke is meant to be brutal. "No dupes" rules are in breach of Nuzlocke Rule 1 anyway.