This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aspects of the series named by the fans?

#1reaverzPosted 5/1/2013 1:09:21 PM
I noticed that fan-made terms for certain things in Pokemon have slowly trickled into official usage. For example, the term "shiny" wasn't used officially until certain Wonder Cards in Gen IV and only became used ingame in Gen V (before that it was "alt. color" or "different-colored"). Also, the ability Prankster uses the word "priority" in its description, which is a common competitive term and none of the increased-priority moves use it in their description (instead saying "this move always goes first").

Are there other fan-made names in Pokemon that have become official terms?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#2EnferolunosPosted 5/1/2013 1:11:42 PM
Eeveelution
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 5/1/2013 1:15:30 PM
I think "Elemental Monkeys" is getting there...
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#4reaverz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 2:04:33 PM
Enferolunos posted...
Eeveelution

Has it really been used officially? I haven't noticed any NPCs mention the term...

CakeOfLies posted...
I think "Elemental Monkeys" is getting there...

I wouldn't be surprised, though I haven't seen any ingame mentions of them as a trio.
---
#5jayman7Posted 5/1/2013 2:31:13 PM
reaverz posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Eeveelution

Has it really been used officially? I haven't noticed any NPCs mention the term...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eeveelution

...the term eventually passed into the realm of official usage first as a pun in the official guide of Pokémon Stadium 2,[1] and then later in the TCG Theme Deck Eeveelution, as well as in the game Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6Zarren364Posted 5/1/2013 2:42:30 PM
jayman7 posted...
reaverz posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Eeveelution

...the term eventually passed into the realm of official usage first as a pun in the official guide of Pokémon Stadium 2,[1] and then later in the TCG Theme Deck Eeveelution, as well as in the game Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

Are we going to call that official? I just want to know the involvement of Gamefreak, and whether or not we're looking for their involvement.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#7ThatKippPosted 5/1/2013 3:11:50 PM
jayman7 posted...
reaverz posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Eeveelution

Are we going to call that official? I just want to know the involvement of Gamefreak, and whether or not we're looking for their involvement.

GameFreak didn't develop the TCG or the Ranger series. However, that doesn't matter since it's still Pokemon. Also, the translators are the same as the main series, and they're the ones who made the decision to use "Eeveelution".
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#8reaverz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 4:37:55 PM
I've never played the Ranger games so I was unaware, but that does make Eeveelution an official term then. Color me surprised...
---