This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i need/want a dragon for my rain team, Salamence or Latios?

#21NiinjaDylanPosted 5/1/2013 6:39:30 PM
JacK_1S_BK posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
Charizard.

Blaze nullifies Drizzle's effect on fire attacks.

No it doesn't.

Lol, you're wrong.

Blaze ups Charizard's fire type attacks by 1.5x... when his HP is 1/3 or less. So if Charizard is at 33% or less health, then yes, Drizzle does become "nullified" since Drizzle decreases fire type attacks by 1.5x.

If you are DEAD SET on wanting to use Charzard, you may want to consider Belly Drum Charizard if you can predict an obvious switch in your competitive battles. The only problem with this is figuring out how to make the transition from that 50% HP cut to Blaze's 1/3 HP without him getting KO'd. He is kinda frail, defensively. Blaze won't kick in from just a Belly Drum.
#22SMASHKING84Posted 5/1/2013 6:49:19 PM
latias
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEA3gYeiaw
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#23JacK_1S_BKPosted 5/1/2013 6:52:58 PM
NiinjaDylan posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
Charizard.

Blaze nullifies Drizzle's effect on fire attacks.

No it doesn't.

Lol, you're wrong.

Blaze ups Charizard's fire type attacks by 1.5x... when his HP is 1/3 or less. So if Charizard is at 33% or less health, then yes, Drizzle does become "nullified" since Drizzle decreases fire type attacks by 1.5x.

If you are DEAD SET on wanting to use Charzard, you may want to consider Belly Drum Charizard if you can predict an obvious switch in your competitive battles. The only problem with this is figuring out how to make the transition from that 50% HP cut to Blaze's 1/3 HP without him getting KO'd. He is kinda frail, defensively. Blaze won't kick in from just a Belly Drum.

No, you substitute on the obvious switch, then follow it up with a Belly Drum. Equipping Salac Berry is also hugely beneficial.
---
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior
#24ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:29:42 PM
i dont want charizard >_>
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#25iKhanicPosted 5/1/2013 9:30:57 PM
Charizard w/ Tail Glow and Hurricane
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#26noobody1Posted 5/1/2013 10:57:08 PM
LatiAs is better.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#27ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:53:26 AM
noobody1 posted...
LatiAs is better.

Really? :o what does she does better than latios and how can it help my team?
---
#28ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:02:23 AM
noobody1 posted...
LatiAs is better.

i really want to know this please :(
---
#29IrisVilePosted 5/2/2013 8:27:23 AM
ManuKesna posted...
noobody1 posted...
LatiAs is better.

I for one like physically defensive Latias with Calm Mind, Recover, Dragon Pulse and Surf. So basically boost and become a tank. But I like Dragonite for how bulky it can be an DD. There always is Haxorus, with Choice scarf or DD. Ooh or Garchomp! Its immune to electric and benefits from weather change to sand. Also rough skin is nice.
---
Iris Vile, doesn't hale from Unova. IrisVile a rare flora that is pretty to look at but venomous. Ahahaha~
#30ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:58:48 AM
IrisVile posted...
ManuKesna posted...
noobody1 posted...
LatiAs is better.

I for one like physically defensive Latias with Calm Mind, Recover, Dragon Pulse and Surf. So basically boost and become a tank. But I like Dragonite for how bulky it can be an DD. There always is Haxorus, with Choice scarf or DD. Ooh or Garchomp! Its immune to electric and benefits from weather change to sand. Also rough skin is nice.

Wow i forgot about garchomp! Stab earthquake and thunder inmunity could be good for my team....dammit is so hard -_-
---