This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Still waiting on that evolved Jynx

#21TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/1/2013 7:44:03 PM
NiinjaDylan posted...
Axel21x posted...
NiinjaDylan posted...
...all of the 10 year old girls in my game are wearing booty shorts.

And you're complaining?

My Teddiursa envolved into an Ursaring-- not a Pedobear, pal.

The Snubchoo did
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#22LexifoxPosted 5/1/2013 7:52:06 PM
NiinjaDylan posted...
What I DON'T UNDERSTAND is why they took the slot machines out for a fear of kids becoming addicted to GAMBLING when all of the 10 year old girls in my game are wearing booty shorts.

Because gambling is an addiction and if you play the slots you'll fall into a life of crime and drugs and poverty.

Also the characters are never given ages.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23BikdipOnABusPosted 5/1/2013 8:42:39 PM
Smoochum -> Jynx

Mime Jr. -> Mr. Mime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elekid -> Electabuzz -> Electivire

Magby -> Magmar -> Magmortar

They're two separate pairs of counterparts. Now I know that the three were side-by-side in the dex in Kanto, and their Johto prevolutions were also side-by-side, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Looking at just Red/Blue, Electabuzz and Magmar were version exclusives, both have a stat total of 395 (this was when Special was one stat, remember), and were both only found in one area of the game. Both of them are bipedal, but decidedly non-humanlike. Jynx and Mr. Mime were both available only through an in-game trade, both have a stat total of 340, both are Psychic type, and both resemble humans (one obviously female in appearance, one that looks somewhat male, and probably should have been male-only but they decided against it for some reason.)

And to be fair, that part of the Pokedex is kind of a big mess of stuff anyway. It goes:

122 - Mr. Mime
123 - Scyther
124 - Jynx
125 - Electabuzz
126 - Magmar
127 - Pinsir

Scyther and Pinsir are counterparts too (based on version exclusivity, at least, Scyther's always had a higher stat total, access to better moves, and got an evolution, so it's not particularly balanced), and those are separated in the list too.

And Johto's dex doesn't have any sort of rhyme or reason to it. Seriously, just look at it and try to remember how early certain Pokemon are available (or at least encountered in trainer battles) in G/S. There's no matchup at all. There happens to be two groups of baby Pokemon - Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, and Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby. The first group has about as much relevance as the second.

Long, pointless story short, I do agree that Jynx should get an evolution, since it's one of my favorite Pokemon (I really like the type combination, and I tend to like the weirder Pokemon than the ones just based on animals). But it's not really part of a trio. And while we're hoping for Pryncice, we can also wait for the long-overdue Pinsir and Banette evolutions. And I still think Carnivine should have been a split from Weepinbell (counterpart to Bellossom), for that matter.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#24LexifoxPosted 5/1/2013 8:50:11 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
Smoochum -> Jynx

Mime Jr. -> Mr. Mime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elekid -> Electabuzz -> Electivire

Magby -> Magmar -> Magmortar

They're two separate pairs of counterparts. Now I know that the three were side-by-side in the dex in Kanto, and their Johto prevolutions were also side-by-side, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Mr. Mime is based off of a mime.

Electabuzz is based off of an oni (Japanese ogre). Magmar is based off of a karura (Japanese garuda, basically). Jynx is based off of the yama-uba and to some extent, yuka-onna (a sort of witch entity and ice spirit).
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25IrisVilePosted 5/1/2013 8:57:17 PM
I would thoroughly enjoy a Jynx evolution, especially because evolite Dry Skin Jynx would be actually decent. I still hope if it happens we get an out of left field skin, and pretty pokemon to rival Gardy: or an opera lady, because I always thought that was Jynx when I was younger. Ahahaha~
---
Iris Vile, doesn't hale from Unova. IrisVile a rare flora that is pretty to look at but venomous. Ahahaha~