This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 4 was undoubtedly the worst gen so far in the series.

#111perenellefPosted 5/2/2013 6:11:01 AM
TBH My favorite Gen was 3, that's where most of my favorite pokemon come from. Then gen 2, gen 1, gen 5.
I honestly don't remember any of the pokemon from gen 4 except empoleon, spiritomb, and giratina. Otherwise, every other pokemon from that gen are nonexistent to me. There was absolutely nothing special about that gen, nothing ground breaking.
#112A792Posted 5/2/2013 6:11:03 AM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Gen IV gave me:

-Physical/special split
-Lucario
-Infernape
-Garchomp
-Azelf was just a big MEH and nothing that really grabbed my attention
-Heatran
-Togekiss was just another MEH
-Gliscor
-Hippowdon
-Abomasnow
-Mamoswine
-Technician + Bullet Punch Scizor
-Iron Head Jirachi

There are more things, but I can't think of everything right now...
Anyway, I totally disagree with TC; Gen IV is actually my favorite Pokémon generation so far.

i agree with everything except what i have bolded in the quote
---
Use this unless specified otherwise white 2 fc: 1421 5973 7545
black fc: 2538 2589 4807 (rng tutorial http://tinyurl.com/a792rngtut)
#113irratatedstickPosted 5/2/2013 7:24:57 AM
a792, just reread the post and i agree w/100%, not sure what i initially had trouble with, i also agree with the battle system, it is very slow compared to 5 (esp when you go back to it after playing 5) but somehow it made the battles seem more epic or something. i know thats my own take on it, but attacking a snorlax or wobbuffet and watching the health slloooowwly go down was more exciting than boring to me.. i know im weird
#114dadkwasherePosted 5/2/2013 7:43:20 AM
It introduced us to purugly.

And deities
---
Alright, MGS5!!! Ready for some more action, snake?
"Time to do some wetwork...and find political solutions. TASTY."
#115RudokuPosted 5/2/2013 7:59:26 AM
A792 posted...
Dark_Einherjar posted...
Gen IV gave me:

Togekiss

There are more things, but I can't think of everything right now...
Anyway, I totally disagree with TC; Gen IV is actually my favorite Pokémon generation so far.

i agree with everything except what i have bolded in the quote

Togekiss was an apology to Gen 2 players that tried to raise that **** called Togepi/tic. Hell, so was Ambipom. Gen 2 has the biggest collection of hyped-up garbage pokemon since Gen 1's. Guess which two generations I think are the worst...
---
Magical Scientist is more perfect than EotS because you get to shoot dinosaurs out of a turtle.
#116DoctorJimmy133Posted 5/2/2013 8:25:04 AM
Gen IV seems, while not bad, the most fan-made for some reason.

-Pokémon DEITYS
-Evolutions to lots of old Pokémon
-The gen that seemed the most afraid to break traditions IMO
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#117Strain42Posted 5/2/2013 10:22:16 AM
Be aware that I keep things simple to the point where it might annoy people, so this is what I rank a generation on

1. The new Pokemon it introduces
2. The characters
3. The story (I'm usually pretty lenient on this one)

so yes, going by that...I vote Gen 4 as the worst.

Too much of the Pokedex were either legendaries (many of which were event legendaries, also many of which had alt forms) or babies/evos of existing Pokemon. None of the gym leaders or elite 4 stood out as all that interesting (okay yeah, people love Cynthia, but I think that's because she's hot. I think if Cynthia was just a blonde dude in a black suit people wouldn't care as much) and Team Galactic were the most annoying, laughable, pathetic excuse for an evil team we've had so far. They looked ridiculous, their admins were just dumb, the only saving grace was that Cyrus was a pretty good villain at times.

Yes, I will always consider Diamond and Pearl (and partially Platinum, despite Platinum fixing a few of DP's problems) to be the worst Pokemon games so far (on the three aforementioned points)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#118LexifoxPosted 5/2/2013 10:24:48 AM
Putting aside Cynthia's looks, I think people like her because she's the first champion to have a major impact on the story line (Gen 1 aside) and be actively involved in ways the past ones weren't, and she had a team with a very large variety of Pokemon instead of specializing like past champions would (Flying, Steel/Rock, and Water).
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#119moneyman82Posted 5/2/2013 11:17:02 AM(edited)
Rudoku posted...
moneyman82 posted...
The Physical/Special split occurred in Generation III.

It should've, but nope. I fondly remember using Leaf Blade on a Modest Grovyle and it murdering fools. And it was only base 70 power then, too.

That's because Grass type was under the "Special" split. See here: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/battlechart.php

And CakeOfLies, I'm trolling the TC, just as he is trolling us.
---
''If what moneyman said wasn't true, and easily verified by anyone with access to a search engine, I would definitely agree with you. But it is, so I don't.''
#120Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 2:02:09 PM
I'm not trolling anyone.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.