This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen 4 was undoubtedly the worst gen so far in the series.

#121SpacePirateKhanPosted 5/2/2013 3:03:46 PM
It was the start of a trend of male main characters that I really hated the look of. >_>
Please let us customize the trainer or something, Xy. Pleeeaase.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#122Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 3:11:51 PM
I agree, though I feel like in general the male wardrobe has a lot less diversity than the female one. Like, in real life.
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#123wind64aPosted 5/2/2013 3:18:14 PM
Strain42 posted...
Be aware that I keep things simple to the point where it might annoy people, so this is what I rank a generation on

1. The new Pokemon it introduces
2. The characters
3. The story (I'm usually pretty lenient on this one)

so yes, going by that...I vote Gen 4 as the worst.

Too much of the Pokedex were either legendaries (many of which were event legendaries, also many of which had alt forms) or babies/evos of existing Pokemon. None of the gym leaders or elite 4 stood out as all that interesting (okay yeah, people love Cynthia, but I think that's because she's hot. I think if Cynthia was just a blonde dude in a black suit people wouldn't care as much) and Team Galactic were the most annoying, laughable, pathetic excuse for an evil team we've had so far. They looked ridiculous, their admins were just dumb, the only saving grace was that Cyrus was a pretty good villain at times.

Yes, I will always consider Diamond and Pearl (and partially Platinum, despite Platinum fixing a few of DP's problems) to be the worst Pokemon games so far (on the three aforementioned points)

People like Cynthia because she's intelligent, has a well rounded and decently strong team, notorious Garchomp, and her large involvement in the story (especially in Platinum). Her looks are actually not what people talk about the most, excepting those who want to criticize her.

Also the Admins for Galactic were not incompetent. You literally never stop them from achieving a single primary objective before the finale. No team before them can boast that. Rocket failed to get the Silph scope because of the MC. Magma and Aqua were stopped from achieving one of their earlier objectives at the museum due to the MC's actions. Plus Cyrus actually researched how to control the legendaries he needed and, in platinum, stopped your counter that used the lake spirits, by using a duplicate chain.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#124GiftedACIIIPosted 5/2/2013 8:34:18 PM
Meech55 posted...
I completely agree with the TC.

Diamond and Pearl actually sucked:

1) Painfully slow battles

2) The Pokemon selection sucked. This is objective. I was so disappointed to pick up a Pokemon game after a 10 year hiatus only to run into Geodude, Ponyta, Zubat, and Abra in every single freaking patch of grass.

Not to mention that most of the evolutions introduced in Platinum looked like something a four year would draw.

It's a million times better than the garbage that was Gen II Pokemon selection and level wise.
#125Lui_GarPosted 5/3/2013 3:32:12 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Meech55 posted...

2) The Pokemon selection sucked. This is objective. I was so disappointed to pick up a Pokemon game after a 10 year hiatus only to run into Geodude, Ponyta, Zubat, and Abra in every single freaking patch of grass.

Not to mention that most of the evolutions introduced in Platinum looked like something a four year would draw.

It's a million times better than the garbage that was Gen II Pokemon selection and level wise.

Gen II's Pokemon were simply awful. Gen 4 redeemed it by giving them evolutions.
---
Gengar should get Nasty Plot.
#126GiftedACIIIPosted 5/3/2013 5:29:41 AM(edited)
Lui_Gar posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Meech55 posted...

Gen II's Pokemon were simply awful. Gen 4 redeemed it by giving them evolutions.

Yes and not only that the variety of them was absolutely horrible with many gen II Pokemon unavailable, an entire type unavailable until after the elite four and the levels of wild pokemon were way too low in relation to the trainers too.
#127Windyligth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:53:56 PM
bump
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#128MalkyeaImbakPosted 5/7/2013 12:58:40 AM
Gen 4 is bad for bringing in stealth rocks -.-

Besides that though I personally thought every gen was amazing and getting better

gen 5 imo is the best (That world tournament the music, triple battles are amazing, rotation are amazing and very strategic)

its ashamed this aspect of the meta is frowned upon because its honestly very interesting
#129jamieyelloPosted 5/7/2013 1:09:10 AM
Ok, I went back to see if gen 4 was as bad as I thought it was. I couldn't, everything's too damn slow, if only it was as fluent as rbe. (and didn't have 30 legends+arceus) The music is actually really good and memorable though.

Off topic, remember that DP void glitch topic I made? Some mod is following me around modding everything that's technically off topic.. It got modded... dear mod, if you don't like this post, please hide spoilers... *hides back in hole*
---
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bert_eyes.gif
#130irratatedstickPosted 5/7/2013 5:35:29 AM
speaking of 30 boring uninspired legendaries, gen 5 just waved