This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#151jayman7Posted 5/2/2013 9:41:52 PM
jayman7 posted...
jayman7 posted...
I'll repeat my last one from the last topic, which was never guessed:

A Gallade, a Kricketune, a Purrloin, an Alakazam, an Audino, and a very aggressive Sneasel fight against a Gengar who rules over a bunch of Nuzleaf. The head Nuzleaf has his own plans, though. The Kricketune has an evil twin.

(Since it was asked in the last topic, I'll repeat: Not a video game.)

Some extra hints:

The heroes are at one point joined by a female Lucario with a terrible attitude. The Gallade has a crush on her at first, but later goes for a Clefairy.

The Kricketune's evil twin is dating a Zoroark, and also hangs out with a rotating selection including a dimwitted Machoke and a male(?) Gothitelle.

Okay, I think this one will give it away, but here goes: It's a webcomic.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#152RethalwolfPosted 5/2/2013 9:45:28 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
A female Ralts who wants to learn how to read takes an injured Gallade in when a Sneasel brings him to the door in the middle of the night. A Bisharp comes looking for Gallade, and the resident Alakazam allows him to search Ralts's place. Ralts had already hidden him out, though. Sneasel comes back looking for Gallade, and gives instructions on where he will be. Ralts sends Gallade on those instructions but learns of a trap by Bisharp, and goes through a secret and forbidden tunnel to find him; when she does, she learns the trap was by Sneasel and frees Gallade, who prevents Sneasel from using sound-based attacks. Then Gallade and Ralts run from Bisharp over a mountain, into a swamp forest, where their friend Swellow catches up with them and guides their way. Unfortunately, they make a mistake and Swellow ends up dead, and Gallade and Ralts are cornered; but at the last second, Ralts somehow uses Fire Blast and obliterates Bisharp. Gallade and Ralts continue on to the site of a battlefield, where Gallade joins a forming army which goes to almost immediate battle. From a distance, Ralts assassinates a Slowking, and Gallade's commander manages to win the battle without a single fainted pokemon.

Crap, I KNOW I've read this one...

Oh, you've read it? Guess that means you win.

Ha ha. :P

I'm glad we see eye to eye here.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#153RethalwolfPosted 5/2/2013 9:48:45 PM
To be fair, maybe Ralts should've been a Kirlia... or Ponyta or Growlithe. She doesn't age that much.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#154NekoHime64Posted 5/2/2013 9:50:24 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
A female Ralts who wants to learn how to read takes an injured Gallade in when a Sneasel brings him to the door in the middle of the night. A Bisharp comes looking for Gallade, and the resident Alakazam allows him to search Ralts's place. Ralts had already hidden him out, though. Sneasel comes back looking for Gallade, and gives instructions on where he will be. Ralts sends Gallade on those instructions but learns of a trap by Bisharp, and goes through a secret and forbidden tunnel to find him; when she does, she learns the trap was by Sneasel and frees Gallade, who prevents Sneasel from using sound-based attacks. Then Gallade and Ralts run from Bisharp over a mountain, into a swamp forest, where their friend Swellow catches up with them and guides their way. Unfortunately, they make a mistake and Swellow ends up dead, and Gallade and Ralts are cornered; but at the last second, Ralts somehow uses Fire Blast and obliterates Bisharp. Gallade and Ralts continue on to the site of a battlefield, where Gallade joins a forming army which goes to almost immediate battle. From a distance, Ralts assassinates a Slowking, and Gallade's commander manages to win the battle without a single fainted pokemon.

It reminds me of The Magicians Apprentice but nah.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#155RethalwolfPosted 5/2/2013 9:57:58 PM
If it helps, Slowking supposedly used an ineffective Dream Eater on her just before she attacked, and sent a few Dark Type pokemon to "join" Gallade. But she used Heart Swap to inform him, I guess, and then killed Slowking with... horn drill? Spike Cannon?
---
#156NekoHime64Posted 5/2/2013 10:36:27 PM
A female Mime Jr., a Tyrouge, a Gallade, and a Gardevoir travel to a land where Entai is fighting an evil Froslass.
---
#157tooweakPosted 5/2/2013 10:53:15 PM
Entei Vs Frosslass has to be Chronicles of Narnia, right?
---
It happened again. I cried at another Pokemon game.
#158NekoHime64Posted 5/2/2013 11:05:50 PM
tooweak posted...
Entei Vs Frosslass has to be Chronicles of Narnia, right?

Ha ha, yes :)
---
#159kaliskonigPosted 5/3/2013 12:21:44 AM(edited)
Training at a pokemon gym that promotes justice, A raikou, Liepard, and a Persian learn that through everyday occurrences...there is training! They are later joined by a Rhydon and Lucario. They are constantly fighting with a Luxray and a Kecleon who train at a gym that promotes opposite values and gain strength from the screams of other pokemon. They eventually join forces to take down a Rayquaza who happens to be immortal. With no other way to truly defeat Rayquaza, Raikou, Liepard, and Persian seals him inside a masterball.
#160HodouPosted 5/3/2013 1:38:17 AM
kaliskonig posted...
Training at a pokemon gym that promotes justice, A raikou, Liepard, and a Persian learn that through everyday occurrences...there is training! They are later joined by a Rhydon and Lucario. They are constantly fighting with a Luxray and a Kecleon who train at a gym that promotes opposite values and gain strength from the screams of other pokemon. They eventually join forces to take down a Rayquaza who happens to be immortal. With no other way to truly defeat Rayquaza, Raikou, Liepard, and Persian seals him inside a masterball.

I was thinking karate Kid briefly but that can't be it. Having not read or watched it, I'll just throw out a wild guess: the original Dragonball series?