This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#181ColonelHawkPosted 5/3/2013 11:58:38 AM
Kementarri posted...
Painted_Fish posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
ColonelHawk posted...
A Vaporeon stays at Tornadus's house to learn Flying type moves, after already learning Water, Fire, and Ground. She also joins a sports team and befriends a Charmeleon and Graveler, and later Meowth. They uncover a secret plot to Disable everybody's moves, whose leader is secretly also a Vaporeon.

Legend of Korra.

Who's Meowth?

The rich girl.

Yup. Meowth and Persian can even learn Thunder and Thunderbolt, just like how Asami acquires the shock glove later on.
#182UmuruPosted 5/3/2013 2:18:20 PM
kaliskonig posted...
Training at a pokemon gym that promotes justice, A raikou, Liepard, and a Persian learn that through everyday occurrences...there is training! They are later joined by a Rhydon and Lucario. They are constantly fighting with a Luxray and a Kecleon who train at a gym that promotes opposite values and gain strength from the screams of other pokemon. They eventually join forces to take down a Rayquaza who happens to be immortal. With no other way to truly defeat Rayquaza, Raikou, Liepard, and Persian seals him inside a masterball.

Gekiranger! :P
#183lyle81992Posted 5/3/2013 2:39:21 PM
swinishmetroid posted...
lyle81992 posted...
Many years after Rapidash and friends saved the world,a young Ponyta set out to save Cressila who was kidnapped by Bisharp and a female Gothielle.Bisharp and Gothielle want to use Cressila's power to revive Darkrai to create a new world.Ponyta is joined by Growlithe,Dratini,a ninja Mightyena,Braviary and Clefairy who is Bisharp's daughter.They fight against the Bisharp minions who are various Pokemon.Bisharp kills Clefairy and they invade his lair where they fight his most powerful minions: Tauros,Zweillous,Crawdaunt,Drapion,Chandelure,Exploud,Celebi and Lumineon.During their fights they are joined by Luxio who wants to avenge his sister Clefairy's death.Ponyta and Luxio team up to defeat Bisharp but it turns out that Gothielle was manupulating Bisharp.She revives Darkrai and Darkrai takes over Ponyta's body.Ponyta is eventually saved by Braiviary and Rapidash who had been imprisoned in Darkrai's Dark Void.Ponyta kills Darkrai.

This is an anime that is the sequel to a manga that was popular in Japan,Europe and Latin America but is underrated in the U.S.A.

Saint Seiya Omega right? The part where you describe the characters sounds familiar but I didn't get very far so I don't know what the main plot was. I'm not sure what Kouga has in common with a Ponyta though...

Correct!!!You are the first person to guess this right.I chose Ponyta for Koga since we don't have a Pegasus pokemon yet.
---
Pokemon Black FC-2280 5124 7519
#184RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 6:46:29 PM
lyle81992 posted...
swinishmetroid posted...
lyle81992 posted...
Many years after Rapidash and friends saved the world,a young Ponyta set out to save Cressila who was kidnapped by Bisharp and a female Gothielle.Bisharp and Gothielle want to use Cressila's power to revive Darkrai to create a new world.Ponyta is joined by Growlithe,Dratini,a ninja Mightyena,Braviary and Clefairy who is Bisharp's daughter.They fight against the Bisharp minions who are various Pokemon.Bisharp kills Clefairy and they invade his lair where they fight his most powerful minions: Tauros,Zweillous,Crawdaunt,Drapion,Chandelure,Exploud,Celebi and Lumineon.During their fights they are joined by Luxio who wants to avenge his sister Clefairy's death.Ponyta and Luxio team up to defeat Bisharp but it turns out that Gothielle was manupulating Bisharp.She revives Darkrai and Darkrai takes over Ponyta's body.Ponyta is eventually saved by Braiviary and Rapidash who had been imprisoned in Darkrai's Dark Void.Ponyta kills Darkrai.

This is an anime that is the sequel to a manga that was popular in Japan,Europe and Latin America but is underrated in the U.S.A.

Saint Seiya Omega right? The part where you describe the characters sounds familiar but I didn't get very far so I don't know what the main plot was. I'm not sure what Kouga has in common with a Ponyta though...

Correct!!!You are the first person to guess this right.I chose Ponyta for Koga since we don't have a Pegasus pokemon yet.

Which we WOULD if nintendo took my idea for an evolution to Rapidash that gains a flying type!
Ooh or maybe a split where it could be flying or steel... ya know robot unicorn... Hm...
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#185NekoHime64Posted 5/3/2013 6:49:04 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
lyle81992 posted...
swinishmetroid posted...
lyle81992 posted...

Which we WOULD if nintendo took my idea for an evolution to Rapidash that gains a flying type!
Ooh or maybe a split where it could be flying or steel... ya know robot unicorn... Hm...

We need more horse pokemon in general. And no, Blitzle doesn't count.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#186RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 7:01:25 PM
I want a headless-horseman-centaur thing. Ghost type, maybe Ghost-Fire or grass (cuz pumpkinz)
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#187NekoHime64Posted 5/3/2013 7:05:17 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
I want a headless-horseman-centaur thing. Ghost type, maybe Ghost-Fire or grass (cuz pumpkinz)

Maybe a headless horseman, and a pumpkin, then have them evolve into a single pokemon when they're brought together. That would be so awesome.... This line of discussion is completely off topic tho...
---
#188NekoHime64Posted 5/3/2013 7:06:24 PM
Davidk92 posted...
Davidk92 posted...
A Pawniard and a Kirlia go on a quest to save the world, battling against several hundred Pokemon. They fight against a zombified Mewtwo, an insane Zangoose who pilots a Golurk, a Giratina who was sealed away, and two halves of Arceus. Along the way, they are joined by the same Zangoose after they defeat him, and a Lopunny.

Is it a game or a show?
---
#189RethalwolfPosted 5/3/2013 7:30:09 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...

Maybe a headless horseman, and a pumpkin, then have them evolve into a single pokemon when they're brought together. That would be so awesome.... This line of discussion is completely off topic tho...

Ehhh I just don't see the centaur thing working without the pumpkin. Maybe a jack-o-lantern headed ghost that evolves into the centaur-headless-horseman thing.

But yes, off topic.
Erm.

A Scyther grows up and is subjected to an experiment whereupon he becomes Scizor after his brother, Raikou, smashes his scythe. Raikou has been killing their mutual friends, including a psychic-electric type (still to be announced), supposedly a Gallade, and later, a level 40-ish Abra. A Farfetch'd attacks him, but is pretty much only doing it to prove himself and later goes with him to break a bunch of Pokemon being experimented on free, including a Regice and, probably more importantly, a Spinda who pretty much only uses eyebeam... er, psybeam.
Unfortunately the story now takes a turn for the worse, as in, I don't want to finish because it does Gallade no justice. But here goes.
Gallade has been fused with some of the moves and abilities of these pokemon, as well as a metal coat. Scizor and Raikou team up to kill him. Hopefully this gets retconned later.
---
#190NekoHime64Posted 5/3/2013 7:32:36 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
Rethalwolf posted...

Ehhh I just don't see the centaur thing working without the pumpkin. Maybe a jack-o-lantern headed ghost that evolves into the centaur-headless-horseman thing.

But yes, off topic.
Erm.

A Scyther grows up and is subjected to an experiment whereupon he becomes Scizor after his brother, Raikou, smashes his scythe. Raikou has been killing their mutual friends, including a psychic-electric type (still to be announced), supposedly a Gallade, and later, a level 40-ish Abra. A Farfetch'd attacks him, but is pretty much only doing it to prove himself and later goes with him to break a bunch of Pokemon being experimented on free, including a Regice and, probably more importantly, a Spinda who pretty much only uses eyebeam... er, psybeam.
Unfortunately the story now takes a turn for the worse, as in, I don't want to finish because it does Gallade no justice. But here goes.
Gallade has been fused with some of the moves and abilities of these pokemon, as well as a metal coat. Scizor and Raikou team up to kill him. Hopefully this gets retconned later.

Errr, sounds like Devil may cry or something, I haven't played it.
---