This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#31NekoHime64Posted 5/1/2013 10:36:22 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...

First one is Tales of Abyss.

Oooo, totes want to play that *o*
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#32iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 10:36:26 PM
iKhanic posted...
So basically you tell a story from some source of pop culture, but you substitute pokemon for the main characters.

Like this one:

A group of Hypno assemble a group of top IV'd Abra's and EV train them in order to go to war against an army of Scyther's, controlled by a single female Scizor.

bump.

Hints: Not a video game, but a game based on it was planned and cancelled
I should have used Vespiquien over Scizor
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#33Arne83Posted 5/1/2013 10:36:36 PM
Arne83 posted...
Arne83 posted...
I got one...

A young sheltered Ho-oh, who is the son of a duke and has been foretold to bring prosperity to his homeland, is accidentally kidnapped by a Meloetta during a failed assassination attempt of his teacher, Mewtwo. They are eventually joined by: Alakazam, army colonel and scientist. Teddiursa, a cheerful young girl that wishes to marry Ho-oh for his money. Gallade, servant of Ho-oh's family and his best friend. And Gardevoir, princess and Ho-oh's fiancée.

NekoHime64 posted...
A Suicune, a Mightyena, a Poochyena, and a Manectric team up to search for a kidnapped Cherrim.

The Suicune was kinda a stretch...

Just so these two don't get buried.

First one is Tales of Abyss.

Yes! Some that isn't part of my group of friends that knows that game!
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
#34EstheimasterPosted 5/1/2013 10:37:22 PM
Charmeleon and Grovyle travel through time and meet Charmander and Treecko. They team up and travel through time trying to stop the alien Foongus from taking over the world.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#35NekoHime64Posted 5/1/2013 10:39:44 PM(edited)
Estheimaster posted...
Charmeleon and Grovyle travel through time and meet Charmander and Treecko. They team up and travel through time trying to stop the alien Foongus from taking over the world.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time? Something like that.

Edit: Yay, I wasn't Ninja'd :D
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#36RethalwolfPosted 5/1/2013 10:38:19 PM
iKhanic posted...
iKhanic posted...
So basically you tell a story from some source of pop culture, but you substitute pokemon for the main characters.

Like this one:

A group of Hypno assemble a group of top IV'd Abra's and EV train them in order to go to war against an army of Scyther's, controlled by a single female Scizor.

bump.

Hints: Not a video game, but a game based on it was planned and cancelled
I should have used Vespiquien over Scizor

It's not Ender's Game?
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#37EstheimasterPosted 5/1/2013 10:38:54 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
Estheimaster posted...

Mario and luigi: partner's in time? something like that

Yep, I tried to make that obvious. :P
---
#38KillerMechanoidPosted 5/1/2013 10:42:37 PM(edited)
A Bisharp and his army refuse to surrender after they are suspected of collapsing the Sky Arrow Bridge.

Because of this, Gallade fights a Galvantula, an Amoonguss, a Ho-oh, a Noctowl, a Reshiram, a Walrein, a Mantine and a Luxray. It turns out that it was Reshiram who collapsed the Bridge.

Gallade falls in love with Bisharp's sister, but he has to kill Bisharp and his sister after she goes insane.

Gallade then doesn't know what he is EV training for.

Bump Mine.

And the Sequel:

After fighting a Rotom on the Sky Arrow Bridge and spreading it around the world, a Lucario and Gallade must defeat an Ursaring, a Tentacruel, a Volbeat, a Wailord, a Rapidash, a Roserade, a Crobat, and a Charizard in order to destroy the Sky Arrow Bridge. Depending on your actions, Gallade may become evil.

Arne83 posted...
Yes! Some that isn't part of my group of friends that knows that game!

P.S. I think I may have got your second one too.
#39EstheimasterPosted 5/1/2013 10:42:54 PM
A Bisharp and his army refuse to surrender after they are suspected of collapsing the Sky Arrow Bridge.

Because of this, Gallade fights a Galvantula, an Amoonguss, a Ho-oh, a Noctowl, a Reshiram, a Walrein, a Mantine and a Luxray. It turns out that it was Reshiram who collapsed the Bridge.

Gallade falls in love with Bisharp's sister, but he has to kill Bisharp and his sister after she goes insane.

Bump Mine.

And the Sequel:

After fighting a Rotom on the Sky Arrow Bridge and spreading it around the world, a Lucario and Gallade must defeat an Ursaring, a Tentacruel, a Volbeat, a Wailord, a Rapidash, a Roserade, a Crobat, and a Charizard in order to destroy the Sky Arrow Bridge. Depending on your actions, Gallade may become evil.

The ending is a choice… Hmm… Mass Effect or Infamous?
---
#40Arne83Posted 5/1/2013 10:43:35 PM

Bump Mine.

And the Sequel:

Megaman X 4&5.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.