This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#351jayman7Posted 5/9/2013 9:14:33 AM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Lucario fights a Klinklang, Tentacool, Rotom-H, Exeggutor, Rotom-S, Excadrill, Ampharos, and Deoxys-S.

Bump mine.

If MM&B is close, and you meant Rotom-S, I guess I can maybe see this as Mega Man 2... Crash Man becomes Excadrill? Okay. Anyway, Mega Man 2 does have the best match of the Mega Man franchise for Deoxys-S (in the alien hologram).
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#352ColonelHawkPosted 5/9/2013 9:14:39 AM
A shiny Machoke, tired of people harassing him, goes to Lord Empoleon to strike a deal: If he rescues Gardevoir, everyone will leave him alone. Machoke, along with a fast-talking Ponyta, rescue Garde or from Salamence. It is discovered at the climax of the story that Gardevoir is actually also a shiny Machoke.
#353Davidk92Posted 5/9/2013 9:16:50 AM
ColonelHawk posted...
A shiny Machoke, tired of people harassing him, goes to Lord Empoleon to strike a deal: If he rescues Gardevoir, everyone will leave him alone. Machoke, along with a fast-talking Ponyta, rescue Garde or from Salamence. It is discovered at the climax of the story that Gardevoir is actually also a shiny Machoke.

Shrek!
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#354jayman7Posted 5/9/2013 9:18:49 AM
How did Farquaad become Empoleon? Is it his Napoleon Complex?
---
#355KillerMechanoidPosted 5/9/2013 9:29:41 AM
jayman7 posted...
Lucario fights a Klinklang, Tentacool, Rotom-H, Exeggutor, Rotom-S, Excadrill, Ampharos, and Deoxys-S.

Bump mine.

If MM&B is close, and you meant Rotom-S, I guess I can maybe see this as Mega Man 2... Crash Man becomes Excadrill? Okay. Anyway, Mega Man 2 does have the best match of the Mega Man franchise for Deoxys-S (in the alien hologram).

Yup.

Klinklang = Metal Man (metal gears)
Rotom-S = Air Man (fan)
Tentacool = bubble man (couldn't think of anything else)
Rotom-H = Heat Man (both based off fire-producing machines)
Exeggutor = Wood Man (trees)
Excadrill = Crash Man (both have drill-things on their arms, as well as a visor)
Ampharos = Flash Man (both produce light)
Deoxys-S = Quick Man (fast)
#356jayman7Posted 5/9/2013 9:33:28 AM
Oh, heh, for some reason I thought you had eight before Deoxys-S and had completely overlooked Quick Man (and, in my MM&B guess, I had completely overlooked Magic Man.)
---
#357ColonelHawkPosted 5/9/2013 10:53:17 AM
Davidk92 posted...
ColonelHawk posted...

Shrek!

Correct!
#358ColonelHawkPosted 5/9/2013 10:56:43 AM
jayman7 posted...
How did Farquaad become Empoleon? Is it his Napoleon Complex?

Yeah, pretty much.
#359HeyWheresKelPosted 5/9/2013 4:25:31 PM
HeyWheresKel posted...
Kadabra and Scrafty team up to make incredibly pure Blue Gummis. Eventually, Kadabra is re-typed to Dark/Psychic.

Bumping mine.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#360KillerMechanoidPosted 5/9/2013 4:30:20 PM
HeyWheresKel posted...
HeyWheresKel posted...
Kadabra and Scrafty team up to make incredibly pure Blue Gummis. Eventually, Kadabra is re-typed to Dark/Psychic.

Bumping mine.

I think somebody mentioned that it was Breaking Bad earlier in this thread.