This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#421KillerMechanoidPosted 5/10/2013 6:30:37 PM(edited)
Rethalwolf posted...
KillerMechanoid posted...
Two pokemon trainers fight against an army led by the evil team. You get to ride a Metagross that is named after Magcargo's pre-evo.

Bumping this.

Metal Slug? Based solely on Slugma's name.

Yep.

Another one:

Infernape, Emboar and Ludicolo help a Mienshao get from Kanto to Johto. Along the way, they fight against various pokemon like Tauros and his Rotom-S wife (and their Magmar kid), a female Duskull, a Gyarados that eats children and is actually a Magikarp, seven Ariadoses, a Luxray/Braviary/Donphan trio, and more.
#422reaverzPosted 5/10/2013 6:29:44 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Community?
I'd have made Chang a monkey.
And Britta is NOT a Lopunny.

Indeed it's Community! Yeah, I guess Chang could have been a monkey, but I really couldn't come up with something good for Britta so I sort of went with Jeff's original objectification of her. I'm intrigued to hear what Pokemon would you have chosen for Britta, if you had to?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#423RethalwolfPosted 5/10/2013 6:36:00 PM
reaverz posted...
Rethalwolf posted...
Community?
I'd have made Chang a monkey.
And Britta is NOT a Lopunny.

Indeed it's Community! Yeah, I guess Chang could have been a monkey, but I really couldn't come up with something good for Britta so I sort of went with Jeff's original objectification of her. I'm intrigued to hear what Pokemon would you have chosen for Britta, if you had to?

PROBABLY female machoke or something equally strong, independent, and not feminine in the slightest.
To be fair, I guess he DID idealize her, even though Annie has always been more attractive.
Piers being a Relicanth was really good, but the scattering thing really threw me off.
And if you've seen the last episode, Chang can only logically be portrayed as a monkey.
You also could have added in a Kirlia's Boobs Mankey.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#424ColonelHawkPosted 5/10/2013 8:26:53 PM
Rethalwolf posted...
Two pokemon trainers fight against an army led by the evil team. You get to ride a Metagross that is named after Magcargo's pre-evo.

Bumping this.

Yep.

Another one:

Infernape, Emboar and Ludicolo help a Mienshao get from Kanto to Johto. Along the way, they fight against various pokemon like Tauros and his Rotom-S wife (and their Magmar kid), a female Duskull, a Gyarados that eats children and is actually a Magikarp, seven Ariadoses, a Luxray/Braviary/Donphan trio, and more.

Journey to the West.
#425MegaWentEvilPosted 5/10/2013 9:13:43 PM
In the prologue, Bulbasaur defeats Crobat using his Vine Whip. Then Bulbasaur went missing, and it cuts to the actual story, when we play as Golbat, Crobat's son. Golbat enters a castle, and starts with broken equipment, but Duskull takes it away. Golbat eventually finds Gardevoir. Then, Golbat finds Bulbasaur, who has become evil. Bulbasaur summons Tauros and Mightyena on him. Golbat wins, of course, then eventually, Golbat finds Gardevoir one last time, who tells him Bulbasaur seems to be mind-controlled. Gardevoir gives Golbat the Silph Scope.

When Golbat meets Bulbasaur, they have an epic battle, while Golbat has to destroy an orb that's controlling Bulbasaur. When he destroys it, we find out Darkrai has been controlling Bulbasaur and wanted to revive Crobat.

Then Golbat goes to a castle that looks like the same as the original, only upside-down. After Golbat makes it to the center of the castle, Darkrai fought him in an attempt to get rid of Golbat's weak Flying side. After Golbat defeated Darkrai, the resurrection of Crobat was already done, though.

Golbat fights his father Crobat, whose true form made he resemble a Hydreigon. Then, when he wins, the castle is destroyed. And Bulbasaur apologizes, cause he believed it was his fault that Golbat had to fight his own father. Golbat said he had his reasons, and that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good mons to do nothing. Then Golbat leaves never to be seen again, but Gardevoir goes after him, wanting to ease the pain in his soul. Bulbasaur just watches...
#426NekoHime64Posted 5/10/2013 10:15:05 PM
MegaWentEvil posted...
In the prologue, Bulbasaur defeats Crobat using his Vine Whip. Then Bulbasaur went missing, and it cuts to the actual story, when we play as Golbat, Crobat's son. Golbat enters a castle, and starts with broken equipment, but Duskull takes it away. Golbat eventually finds Gardevoir. Then, Golbat finds Bulbasaur, who has become evil. Bulbasaur summons Tauros and Mightyena on him. Golbat wins, of course, then eventually, Golbat finds Gardevoir one last time, who tells him Bulbasaur seems to be mind-controlled. Gardevoir gives Golbat the Silph Scope.

When Golbat meets Bulbasaur, they have an epic battle, while Golbat has to destroy an orb that's controlling Bulbasaur. When he destroys it, we find out Darkrai has been controlling Bulbasaur and wanted to revive Crobat.

Then Golbat goes to a castle that looks like the same as the original, only upside-down. After Golbat makes it to the center of the castle, Darkrai fought him in an attempt to get rid of Golbat's weak Flying side. After Golbat defeated Darkrai, the resurrection of Crobat was already done, though.

Golbat fights his father Crobat, whose true form made he resemble a Hydreigon. Then, when he wins, the castle is destroyed. And Bulbasaur apologizes, cause he believed it was his fault that Golbat had to fight his own father. Golbat said he had his reasons, and that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good mons to do nothing. Then Golbat leaves never to be seen again, but Gardevoir goes after him, wanting to ease the pain in his soul. Bulbasaur just watches...

A castlevania.... The first one for ps?
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#427MegaWentEvilPosted 5/10/2013 10:31:51 PM
Yes, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
#428KillerMechanoidPosted 5/11/2013 1:18:42 AM
ColonelHawk posted...
Rethalwolf posted...

Bumping this.

Yep.

Another one:

Journey to the West.

Yup.
#429KillerMechanoidPosted 5/11/2013 10:37:29 PM
Bump.
#430ColonelHawkPosted 5/13/2013 7:24:46 PM
Bump