This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#461NekoHime64Posted 5/15/2013 3:58:20 PM
pbandjames posted...
NintendoFan2000 posted...
Then it's House.

You are completely right. The show has been stated to be based on Sherlock elements, so I didn't want to completely undermine your answer, but I couldn't just say that you were right, either. That was a tricky position!

There's still the other one left:

pbandjames posted...
A male Liepard is led by clues to discover the identity of an Abomasnow. He personally secretly hunts it while his sister, a Growlithe, hunts it for different reasons.

I can give more hints if need be, but I definitely think there's enough there to make some good guesses. The Pokemon choices were definitely carefully chosen for that one.

Here's another one:

Cobalion and his apprentice Chatot travel around solving mysteries.

Last one is Professor Layton?
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
Unofficial Sneasel of the Pokemon X board.
#462pbandjamesPosted 5/15/2013 4:00:56 PM
NekoHime64 posted...
pbandjames posted...
Then it's House.

You are completely right. The show has been stated to be based on Sherlock elements, so I didn't want to completely undermine your answer, but I couldn't just say that you were right, either. That was a tricky position!

There's still the other one left:

pbandjames posted...
A male Liepard is led by clues to discover the identity of an Abomasnow. He personally secretly hunts it while his sister, a Growlithe, hunts it for different reasons.

I can give more hints if need be, but I definitely think there's enough there to make some good guesses. The Pokemon choices were definitely carefully chosen for that one.

Here's another one:

Cobalion and his apprentice Chatot travel around solving mysteries.

Last one is Professor Layton?

Yep. Chatot appealed to me instantly as Luke, but finding a Pokemon for Layton took a bit, and I still don't think Cobalion is the best fit. But I can't think of anything better.
---
Game news is the best news.
#463ColonelHawkPosted 5/15/2013 4:06:27 PM
Reposting
ColonelHawk posted...
A rogue Elgyem crash lands on an island, and is taken in by a young Bellossom.
#464NintendoFan2000Posted 5/15/2013 4:09:23 PM
ColonelHawk, yours is Lilo and Stitch, and pbandjames, the one with Liepard/Abomasnow/Growlithe is season 1 of Dexter.
---
I'd put a quip here, but I'm not hilarious enough.
#465ColonelHawkPosted 5/15/2013 4:11:34 PM
ColonelHawk, yours is Lilo and Stitch, and pbandjames, the one with Liepard/Abomasnow/Growlithe is season 1 of Dexter.

Yup!
#466Hirokey123Posted 5/15/2013 4:47:30 PM
Hrm...obscure game?

An eevee is persecuted for crimes against the higher race and is taken to the mansion that is own by a Zangoose. He panics and somehow taps into the power to obliterate everything around him, reducing the mansion and all in it to ash. He's sent to a prison where he meets up with a female Sycther who breaks out the Eevee. They go an adventure to destroy the world and team up with a Tangela, A teddiursa (who's got girl friend that is an ursaring), a Latias, and a Mightyena. Also this eevee was raised by an Entei.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#467alatreon789Posted 5/15/2013 4:48:34 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
Hrm...obscure game?

An eevee is persecuted for crimes against the higher race and is taken to the mansion that is own by a Zangoose. He panics and somehow taps into the power to obliterate everything around him, reducing the mansion and all in it to ash. He's sent to a prison where he meets up with a female Sycther who breaks out the Eevee. They go an adventure to destroy the world and team up with a Tangela, A teddiursa (who's got girl friend that is an ursaring), a Latias, and a Mightyena. Also this eevee was raised by an Entei.

Sands of oblivion!
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012
#468Hirokey123Posted 5/15/2013 4:55:18 PM
alatreon789 posted...
Hirokey123 posted...
Hrm...obscure game?

Sands of oblivion!

Sands of Oblivion is a movie not a game, though you're incredibly close.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#469pbandjamesPosted 5/15/2013 5:07:34 PM

Correct again! Good job.
---
Game news is the best news.
#470alatreon789Posted 5/15/2013 6:05:40 PM
Hirokey123 posted...
alatreon789 posted...
Hirokey123 posted...
Hrm...obscure game?

Sands of oblivion!

Sands of Oblivion is a movie not a game, though you're incredibly close.

Sands of Destruction darn it. I can't believe I got those two mixed up.
---
This signature will not change until the rebirth of Nintendo Power. PSN: Interitum48
Started: 9:56 PM 12/18/2012