This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guess the pokemon pop-culture association returns

#61NekoHime64Posted 5/1/2013 11:26:37 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
A Suicune, a Mightyena, a Poochyena, and a Manectric team up to search for a kidnapped Cherrim.

The Suicune was kinda a stretch...

Bumpity :)

Hint: Mightyena is a wolf pokemon, as is Poochyena. Manectric is a dog pokemon. A dog is related to a wolf. Suicune is often said to look like a canine.

As I mentioned earlier, Wolf's Rain?

Thank TvTropes for this, because the only thing it told me about it is wolves trying to find a flower.

!?!?! When was that mentioned?!

I need to stop skimming the posts.... and get some sleep >_<

PS Using TvTropes should be considered cheating... although I did choose kind of an obscure one :P
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#62NekoHime64Posted 5/1/2013 11:27:42 PM
Arne83 posted...
Minecraft?

Yep. The Hydreigon is the new bonus boss mob, the Wither (3-headed skeleton thing that floats)

I know I'll get yelled at for this, but....

I've never played Minecraft.
---
#63KillerMechanoidPosted 5/1/2013 11:34:53 PM(edited)
NekoHime64 posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
NekoHime64 posted...
A Suicune, a Mightyena, a Poochyena, and a Manectric team up to search for a kidnapped Cherrim.

The Suicune was kinda a stretch...

Bumpity :)

Hint: Mightyena is a wolf pokemon, as is Poochyena. Manectric is a dog pokemon. A dog is related to a wolf. Suicune is often said to look like a canine.

As I mentioned earlier, Wolf's Rain?

Thank TvTropes for this, because the only thing it told me about it is wolves trying to find a flower.

!?!?! When was that mentioned?!

I need to stop skimming the posts.... and get some sleep >_<

PS Using TvTropes should be considered cheating... although I did choose kind of an obscure one :P

One of my earlier posts that I modified after you first looked at it.

And yeah, being a frequent troper was what allowed me to know the answer to quite a few of the questions posed =D

NekoHime64 posted...
I've never played Minecraft.

Oh.

Try it, it's fun and addictive. Watch out for creepers though, they're plants that explode in your face.
#64KillerMechanoidPosted 5/1/2013 11:38:11 PM
To answer TC's (iKhanic's) question again:

Starcraft: Ghost
#65HodouPosted 5/1/2013 11:43:09 PM
Darmanitan and his friends chase Electrode across Kanto, senselessly burning every Pokemon that gets in their way. But in the end, Electrode was a Pokeball all along.

(might wanna put the answer in spoilers this time.)
#66iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 11:46:38 PM

Nah someone already got it. It was Ender's Game
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#67KillerMechanoidPosted 5/1/2013 11:56:38 PM(edited)
You waited. The grass around you rustle and sway in the wind. There were pokemon in the grass. You don't see them, but had expected them now for years. Your warnings to Profsor Ok were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

You were a pokemon trainer for fourteen years. When you was young you watched the tall grass and you said to dad “I want to be in the grass daddy.”

Dad said "NO! You will be KILL BY POKEMON!"
There was a time when you believed him. Then as you got oldered, you stopped.

"This is Ok", the Xtransceiver crackered. "You must catch the Pokemon!"

So your gotted your poekballs and throw em at the tall grass!

"HE GOING TO CATCH US!" say the pokemon.

"I will shoot at him" says the Genesect and fires the Techno Blast. You pokeballed at him and tried to catch him up. But then the ground collapsed and you were trapped and not able to catch.

“No! I must catch the pokemons” you shouted
The Xtransceiver said “No. You are the pokemons”
And then you were a Bidoof.

Guess the story.
#68HodouPosted 5/1/2013 11:58:08 PM
You waited. The grass around you rustle and sway in the wind. There were pokemon in the grass. You don't see them, but had expected them now for years. Your warnings to Profsor Ok were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

You were a pokemon trainer for fourteen years. When you was young you watched the tall grass and you said to dad “I want to be in the grass daddy.”

Dad said "NO! You will be KILL BY POKEMON!"
There was a time when you believed him. Then as you got oldered, you stopped.

"This is Ok", the Xtransceiver crackered. "You must catch the Pokemon!"

So your gotted your poekballs and throw em at the tall grass!

"HE GOING TO CATCH US!" say the pokemon.

"I will shoot at him" says the Genesect and fires the Techno Blast. You pokeballed at him and tried to catch him up. But then the ground collapsed and you were trapped and not able to catch.

“No! I must catch the pokemons” you shouted
The Xtransceiver said “No. You are the pokemons”
And then you were a Bidoof.

Guess the story.

That bad Doom fanfic everybody quotes? (Does that even count as pop culture? Am I even right?)
#69NekoHime64Posted 5/2/2013 12:05:17 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...

Nah someone already got it. It was Ender's Game

Aha! That's why it sounded so familiar. Never did finish that book.

Last one for the night from me:

A Meowth who was put in jail for trying to steal a Slowking's ring is released by a Alakazam who works for the Slowking so that the Meowth can steal a item from the abyssal ruins for the Sloking. The Meowth agrees and they set out along with a Ralts, a Gallade, and a Conkeldedur. The item they're trying to steal is guarded by a female Heatran, along with other legendaries that are part of her family. One of those family members, a Cresselia, visits the Meowth in his dreams. Another one, a male Vicini who is only half related to the Heatran, wants the Meowth to succeed because they are both thieves.

Sorry about the wall of text, too tired to edit properly.
---
#70KillerMechanoidPosted 5/2/2013 12:02:12 AM
Hodou posted...
That bad Doom fanfic everybody quotes? (Does that even count as pop culture? Am I even right?)

Yup, It's Doom: Repercussions of Evil.

I'm still not sure about your Darmanitan one. Is it an anime starring a monkey or fire-user as the protagonist? Dragon Ball (Z)?