This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What this game seriously needs...

#11kwando1313Posted 5/2/2013 12:11:20 AM
You know what X/Y need? MORE COWB-*shot*
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#12p4r6g6Posted 5/2/2013 12:11:27 AM
1. Bring back the button that allowed you to run w/o holding the B Button in SS and HG.

2. A radio app like in Silver in Gold, but it can play any Pokemon song at anytime. Training would be more fun if you could listen to different music than the main battle themes (especially since I thought Gen 5's were horrible).

3. Berries are cool, but I didn't like having to travel all over to manage them. I like the Berry Pots. Bring those back.

4. The Poketch may have been a gimmicky way to use the touch screen, but nonetheless a watch, type matchup chart, a timer, a Happiness checker, a Daycare monitor, and many other convenient apps were quite helpful. Seeing these return would be nice.

5. This one is probably more debatable, but have Move Tutors require money instead of shards. I hate farming shards. Postgame I always have money to throw away. Please take it.

6. Keep reusable TMs. THis is a must.

Those are some things I would like to see.
#13HodouPosted 5/2/2013 12:28:40 AM
Raising a competitive team needs to be less agonizing. As things are, any sort of competition either has to happen in simulators or with hacked Pokemon, because it simply isn't efficient or desirable to raise your own. I would love if the next gen finds ways to make the entry level for Pokemon more attainable, because as it is now it's a bunch of people slamming the same exact hacked mons against each other over and over while laughing at anyone who tries to battle online because it "sounded fun."

My thoughts:

--All bred Pokemon should have 31-all IVs. This removes the tedium of selective and repetitive breeding while still requiring you to breed, possibly multiple times, for the best Pokemon due to egg moves and natures. I would even be satisfied if they did this and then removed the Everstone trick for natures, it would still result in far minimized breeding time.

--EVs should be determined differently. One idea would be to take inspiration from other RPGs and allow the player to allocate EVs on level up based on the number/type of Pokemon defeated per level. Basically, anything that brings this element of the game which people have known about for YEARS now into the forefront where new and old players alike can recognize and take advantage of it.

I mean I'm not really overly finicky when it comes to things like this? I'm not gonna ask for a more heavily modified ban list or for them to listen to Smogon or anything, I'm just saying -- when the online mode of your game is literally unplayable without hacking or hundreds of hours of commitment to a single team in a constantly changing game... That's terrible. It really is.
#14stranksyPosted 5/2/2013 12:42:15 AM
Hodou posted...
Raising a competitive team needs to be less agonizing. As things are, any sort of competition either has to happen in simulators or with hacked Pokemon, because it simply isn't efficient or desirable to raise your own. I would love if the next gen finds ways to make the entry level for Pokemon more attainable, because as it is now it's a bunch of people slamming the same exact hacked mons against each other over and over while laughing at anyone who tries to battle online because it "sounded fun."

My thoughts:

--All bred Pokemon should have 31-all IVs. This removes the tedium of selective and repetitive breeding while still requiring you to breed, possibly multiple times, for the best Pokemon due to egg moves and natures. I would even be satisfied if they did this and then removed the Everstone trick for natures, it would still result in far minimized breeding time.

--EVs should be determined differently. One idea would be to take inspiration from other RPGs and allow the player to allocate EVs on level up based on the number/type of Pokemon defeated per level. Basically, anything that brings this element of the game which people have known about for YEARS now into the forefront where new and old players alike can recognize and take advantage of it.

I mean I'm not really overly finicky when it comes to things like this? I'm not gonna ask for a more heavily modified ban list or for them to listen to Smogon or anything, I'm just saying -- when the online mode of your game is literally unplayable without hacking or hundreds of hours of commitment to a single team in a constantly changing game... That's terrible. It really is.

1) I'd rather abolish IVs entirely than that. It would be easier by far.
2)EVs are good the way they are; it isn't difficult in the slightest to EV train right now. In BW2, I can fully EV train a new pokemon in under half an hour. If you want to raise awareness about EVs, just throw in an NPC in the daycare or some common training place that tells about them.
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#15HodouPosted 5/2/2013 12:45:16 AM
Whether you personally can EV train quickly or not is entirely irrelevant, though. Regardless of how fast you can do it, it's a tedious and unnecessary pain in the butt for a stat that doesn't even have any good reason to be hidden. At the very least, display them on the Pokemons stat page somehow.
#16EstheimasterPosted 5/2/2013 12:47:26 AM
homerowed posted...
The Pokegear still isn't very good.

Aside from the phone pheature, anything else it does can be done with a Poketch-like device. The Poketch had a watch, which the Pokegear also had, but no radio. And the radio was fairly useless.

I think what they meant by this was the menu on the touchscreen that was the "Pokegear." Like the Poketch was the touchscreen of DP, the Pokegear's was the touch screen of HG/SS. I think HG/SS had the best menu in the entire series (entirely touch screen) and would love for it to return.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#17NekoHime64Posted 5/2/2013 12:47:55 AM
p4r6g6 posted...
1. Bring back the button that allowed you to run w/o holding the B Button in SS and HG.

2. A radio app like in Silver in Gold, but it can play any Pokemon song at anytime. Training would be more fun if you could listen to different music than the main battle themes (especially since I thought Gen 5's were horrible).

3. Berries are cool, but I didn't like having to travel all over to manage them. I like the Berry Pots. Bring those back.

4. The Poketch may have been a gimmicky way to use the touch screen, but nonetheless a watch, type matchup chart, a timer, a Happiness checker, a Daycare monitor, and many other convenient apps were quite helpful. Seeing these return would be nice.

5. This one is probably more debatable, but have Move Tutors require money instead of shards. I hate farming shards. Postgame I always have money to throw away. Please take it.

6. Keep reusable TMs. THis is a must.

Those are some things I would like to see.

Pretty much all of these, and the one I mentioned earlier. Also, bring back a way to call the random trainers/gym leaders you battle. This could be combined with the VS Seeker to make awesome :)
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#18Sid_StarkillerPosted 5/2/2013 1:44:58 AM
Compromise on the EV issue: Effort meters. This way, it's visible without having to use numbers.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#19CharizardFirePosted 5/2/2013 1:57:07 AM
The Pokegear still isn't very good.

Aside from the phone pheature, anything else it does can be done with a Poketch-like device. The Poketch had a watch, which the Pokegear also had, but no radio. And the radio was fairly useless.

It lets you know about swarms no matter where you are, and allows you to get Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon on certain days. It's not useless.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#20stranksyPosted 5/2/2013 2:00:09 AM
Fully utilizing both screens, I suppose it wouldn't be overly difficult to display all the information one would want to see; however, you have to realize, this game is marketed primarily towards children. When all these numbers and values (like EVs and IVs) are shown explicitly, they will have to be explained - and many follow concepts that are a bit too advanced for a 6-10 year old. IVs and EVs have, since their arrival, largely been something that only older players of the series know/care about in the first place. Hell, before B/W, there wasn't even a clear indication to younger players what stats any nature would affect.

If there is an NPC that can properly explain Effort Values to younger players, I would gladly support a monitor of sorts for EVs,
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.