This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen I was unarguably the worst so far.

#1plasmawisp1713Posted 5/2/2013 6:47:52 AM
Of course, it didn't having anything to compete with at the time, so it was still good, and I'm not saying I dislike it, I still love it, but compared to gens two through five, it just can't do anything...

1. Everyone in Kanto was an ass for some reason.
2. It was WAY too generic.
3. The Pokemon designs weren't well thought out, but still gave the basic idea of Animals that could do cool stuff.
4. The region was boring.
5. The crime syndicate was overly generic.
6. The legendary Pokemon were decent, but unoriginal.
7. Several Pokemon were just more than one of it's previous form.
8. Gen I games kept to the original 151, but in the Anime, they had to pull Pokes from second gen to keep it going.
9. I know this doesn't apply to the concept, but those first gen games were waaaaay too glitchy.
10. After you beat the game, there was pretty much nothing to do.

There's tons more, but I gotta say, I did really like the remakes. FrLg > HgSs for sure, not that those games were bad, but really now.

I know that genwunners are going to disagree with me, but for me, I like 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, 1st in that order.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#2Demon_LionheartPosted 5/2/2013 6:48:37 AM
How on earth does someone like the third gen more than first or second? Or any of the other gens, for that matter?

Too much water got into your brain?
#3Luigifan141Posted 5/2/2013 6:49:16 AM
Demon_Lionheart posted...
How on earth does someone like the third gen more than first or second? Or any of the other gens, for that matter?

Ever heard of an opinion before?
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Paper Mario
#4plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:49:54 AM
I personally liked third gen the most because it introduced the first instance of legendaries really being involved in the story. It also introduced dual bad guys, and tons of really great Pokemon.
---
#5Hughs_RagePosted 5/2/2013 6:52:52 AM
Finally someone with sense :D

although 5th gen > all
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#6plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:54:19 AM
Hughs_Rage posted...
Finally someone with sense :D

although 5th gen > all

I like you.

I really liked 5th gen because Team Plasma was awesome. But third gen has a special place in my childhood, I always use Castform as my starter.
---
#7dwdwdw6Posted 5/2/2013 6:54:54 AM
plasmawisp1713 posted...

There's tons more, but I gotta say, I did really like the remakes. FrLg > HgSs for sure

Cannot comprehend......
#8LexifoxPosted 5/2/2013 6:55:54 AM

It helps that Gen 2 was ****.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:55:57 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...

There's tons more, but I gotta say, I did really like the remakes. FrLg > HgSs for sure

Cannot comprehend......

I really don't know how to explain it, but those first gen remakes made me feel something that the second gen remakes just didn't make me feel.
---
#10EnferolunosPosted 5/2/2013 6:56:21 AM

Third was great
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you