This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen I was unarguably the worst so far.

#11pokemonfreak97Posted 5/2/2013 7:56:35 AM
See, I think that actual Gen I was the worst. I think that if all five generations existed with Gen V (or even IV) mechanics, then it would be a fair comparison. But comparing Gen I--which lacked two types, one of the stats, and the Physical-Special split, to Gen IV or higher, will always be bad for the outdated game.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#12plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 7:58:11 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
See, I think that actual Gen I was the worst. I think that if all five generations existed with Gen V (or even IV) mechanics, then it would be a fair comparison. But comparing Gen I--which lacked two types, one of the stats, and the Physical-Special split, to Gen IV or higher, will always be bad for the outdated game.

I agree partially, because I really liked the remakes, but the concept of the story still lacked.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#13A792Posted 5/2/2013 7:58:34 AM
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Of course, it didn't having anything to compete with at the time, so it was still good, and I'm not saying I dislike it, I still love it, but compared to gens two through five, it just can't do anything...

1. Everyone in Kanto was an ass for some reason.
2. It was WAY too generic.
3. The Pokemon designs weren't well thought out, but still gave the basic idea of Animals that could do cool stuff.
4. The region was boring.
5. The crime syndicate was overly generic.
6. The legendary Pokemon were decent, but unoriginal.
7. Several Pokemon were just more than one of it's previous form.
8. Gen I games kept to the original 151, but in the Anime, they had to pull Pokes from second gen to keep it going.
9. I know this doesn't apply to the concept, but those first gen games were waaaaay too glitchy.
10. After you beat the game, there was pretty much nothing to do.

There's tons more, but I gotta say, I did really like the remakes. FrLg > HgSs for sure, not that those games were bad, but really now.

I know that genwunners are going to disagree with me, but for me, I like 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, 1st in that order.

1. i honestly don't remember this so ill take your word for it
2. being on gb was no excuse so agree
3. sort of agree, i liked some of the pretty wacky designs
4. totally agree
5. definitely
6. also agree
7. i have heard this argument for gen wars so much that i gave up caring about this point
8. i thought they were more teasers then anything
9. some of the glitches would have taken too long to fix while others i agree
10. pretty much the biggest problem with gen 1

my order 4th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 1st
---
Use this unless specified otherwise white 2 fc: 1421 5973 7545
black fc: 2538 2589 4807 (rng tutorial http://tinyurl.com/a792rngtut)
#14Pooo869Posted 5/2/2013 8:01:31 AM
Gen 4 > all gens
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
#15Thepenguinking2Posted 5/2/2013 8:04:26 AM
Pooo869 posted...
Gen 4 > all gens

---
F*** Milotic. Lilligant is the real beauty pokemon.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#16plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:06:31 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Pooo869 posted...
Gen 4 > all gens

I really don't know why I have to place it second to last. It seemed really well made, but just something about it was odd to me. It introduced online play, one of the best things about Pokemon. Just something about it irritated me and I can't explain it that well. I didn't like Team Galactic, but I thought Cyrus was a badass.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#17Coop14Posted 5/2/2013 8:06:44 AM
People who compare Gen1 without a doubt are naive as anything.

Guys it was the FIRST game out. FFS you cannot compare the foundation of an entire franchise.

Also, every Gen is good in its own regard.

So tired of people comparing Gens.
---
When one hates music, I question if they hate the soul. Music is undefinable, so don't try to define it for others.
#18JiggsMasterPosted 5/2/2013 8:08:43 AM
No, that goes to gen 6 with Gen 5 second worst
---
When Rice gives you lemons, you squirt them in her eyes
Official JiggsMaster of the Series Ruining Pokemon X Board
#19Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/2/2013 8:13:16 AM
"1. Everyone in Kanto was an ass for some reason."

Blue is the only ass I can remember...

"2. It was WAY too generic."

Define "generic" in the context of your sentence, please.

"3. The Pokemon designs weren't well thought out, but still gave the basic idea of Animals that could do cool stuff."

Nothing to disagree here. I still have a laugh when genwunners bash Pokémon from later generations for their design, yet they conveniently forget Gen I has a Poké Ball that evolves into a bigger, upside-down Poké Ball.

"4. The region was boring."

Well, I suppose this is a matter of opinion, so I won't question it, though I found Johto way more boring than Kanto.

"5. The crime syndicate was overly generic."

Again, define "generic".

"6. The legendary Pokemon were decent, but unoriginal."

How can they be "unoriginal" if this is the FIRST GENERATION? There are no Pokémon before them to serve as role models, dude...

"7. Several Pokemon were just more than one of it's previous form."

You'll want to elaborate on that, because that statement makes no sense.

"8. Gen I games kept to the original 151, but in the Anime, they had to pull Pokes from second gen to keep it going."

They do this in EVERY generation in the Anime: there was Ho-oh and Togepi in Gen I, Kecleon and Blaziken in Gen II, Munchlax, Wynaut and Mime Jr. in Gen III, and so on...
That argument is invalid.

"9. I know this doesn't apply to the concept, but those first gen games were waaaaay too glitchy."

The first games of a franchise almost aways have glitches. Nothing that completely ruins the game, though; you usually have to go out of your way to find those glitches.

"10. After you beat the game, there was pretty much nothing to do."

Yes, there is. Make a team and go battle PvP. That's what Pokémon is for, at its core.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#20A792Posted 5/2/2013 8:14:42 AM
Coop14 posted...
People who compare Gen1 without a doubt are naive as anything.

Guys it was the FIRST game out. FFS you cannot compare the foundation of an entire franchise.

Also, every Gen is good in its own regard.

So tired of people comparing Gens.

well this was my argument from the previous gen opinion topic

"gen1 - way too young at the time when i was playing this (i started playing a few years after it was released). I really could not see the flaws in it because, i admit, i was a snot faced little kid who thought pokemon was top stuff, they couldn't go wrong. The game was still boring.

looking back on gen one, properly taking into the consideration the year it came out and the system it was developed for, they did a decent job. remember, this was the first gen, it wasn't going to be perfect. When you think about it, not very many franchises were perfect when they first came out, it was bound to have many flaws. but i still think gen 1 was not the best generation, sure as i said, the first of its series bla bla bla but it was just so slowly paced and poorly thought out.

gen2 - played this around about the time it was released, still too young to really know how to give criticism on things, pokemon couldn't go wrong etc.

DAMN!! was the first half of this game extremely boring. i can remember playing this when it first came out and even as a kid i found this games first half boring. I kept going, because i wanted to get a steel or dark type, needless to say i was greatly disappointed because i couldn't find any pokemon with these awesome new types. (don't say magnemite was steel because that doesn't count, i was looking forward to a new gen pokemon to fill this spot)

I was happy when i found onix because i knew about steelix.. only to read a little harder at my guide to find out that metal coat wasn't until after the E4 and that it required trade which really greatly made me feel sad and disappointed.

"but the revisit to kanto" SUCKED i was so looking forward to seeing a region which i played in a previous game being revamped, it sounded so awesome and a brilliant idea. This was a big disappointment because i found this completely lackluster. couldn't find anything i liked about it, end of story here."

disagree if you will.
---
Use this unless specified otherwise white 2 fc: 1421 5973 7545
black fc: 2538 2589 4807 (rng tutorial http://tinyurl.com/a792rngtut)