This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gen I was unarguably the worst so far.

#21plasmawisp1713(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 8:15:26 AM
Coop14 posted...
People who compare Gen1 without a doubt are naive as anything.

Guys it was the FIRST game out. FFS you cannot compare the foundation of an entire franchise.

Also, every Gen is good in its own regard.

So tired of people comparing Gens.

lol, I mentioned it didn't have anything to compete with.

And NOBODY LIKES THE GENS EQUALLY. Everyone has a favorite, it's not our fault.

And yes, it was the foundation, but this was more addressed to the people who think that Gen I is the best forever no matter what, because it's going to just get worse and worse as time goes on. It's a fact of life, it goes with most other franchises too.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#22DarkDragon386Posted 5/2/2013 8:43:31 AM
I don't hate any of the gens, but

2<1<4<5<3
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#23peteybooPosted 5/2/2013 9:57:19 AM
plasmawisp1713 posted...
1. Everyone in Kanto was an ass for some reason.
2. It was WAY too generic.
3. The Pokemon designs weren't well thought out, but still gave the basic idea of Animals that could do cool stuff.
4. The region was boring.
5. The crime syndicate was overly generic.
6. The legendary Pokemon were decent, but unoriginal.
7. Several Pokemon were just more than one of it's previous form.
8. Gen I games kept to the original 151, but in the Anime, they had to pull Pokes from second gen to keep it going.
9. I know this doesn't apply to the concept, but those first gen games were waaaaay too glitchy.
10. After you beat the game, there was pretty much nothing to do.

1. Doesn't stop games like CoD or LoL from being liked, so I don't see how this is a valid point.
2. Didn't have a reason not to be, nor the technology not to be.
3. I agree, but this isn't a reason it's not the best.
4. See 2
5. Most games were like that back then, so basically, see first half of 2.
6. See 3.
7. This adds nothing to #3, and anyway it still happens in the other generations.
8. what is this i dont even
9. Glitches were the best part of the first gen. They didn't have any game-breaking glitches (at least that you would do without putting tons of effort into), so I'm all for messing around with them (shameless plug for my glitch LP of Pokemon Blue goes here)
10. See 5.

Gen 1 is the worst, pretty much objectively, but not because it was bad. It's because the other generations just got better through necessity. Pokemon didn't need to be good right away. It was like Final Fantasy or Super Smash Bros.; just testing the waters and it happened to take off, so later games did better.
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
Let's Play Zelda: Skyward Sword and a bunch of other games http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
#24UmuruPosted 5/2/2013 10:09:53 AM
Demon_Lionheart posted...
How on earth does someone like the third gen more than first or second? Or any of the other gens, for that matter?

Too much water got into your brain?

Personally, I had too much Kanto as Blue was quite literally the only game I played regularly due to the TV being shared by family members until around GS's release where we got a very short new region combined with... more Kanto.

I can't say I like Third gen the best, but the fact that I overloaded on Kanto early on knocks Blue, Silver, and by extension their remakes down my list quite a bit. :p
#25IceDragon77Posted 5/2/2013 10:25:42 AM
How on earth does someone like the third gen more than first or second? Or any of the other gens, for that matter?

Too much water got into your brain?

Really f***ing easily. The 3rd gen added so many awesome Pokemon. Breloom, Aggron, Metagross, Flygon, Salamence, Blaziken, Swampert, Milotic, etc. etc.

Plus it has the best legendary Pokemon by far, I mean you have the Regi's, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Lati@s, Jirachi, and Deoxys. Hello?

I know that genwunners are going to disagree with me, but for me, I like 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, 1st in that order.

I agree, except switch 1st with 2nd. I always felt like the only decent things to come out of gen 2 was T-Tar, Scizor, Heracross, and Espeon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xWWX5xm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tMhFpCD.jpg Thanks Fellwolf and L4DHunter! <3