This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I personally really like the concept of Trubbish/Garbodor

#1plasmawisp1713Posted 5/2/2013 7:11:00 AM
I mean not only is Garbodor one of the best most useful Pokemon for in-game play, but it, to me, was a neglected Pokemon in a place like New York City or another busy city that was forced to live in the dirty slum areas, and eventually started coating itself with trash to stay warm or something, and eventually became one with it.

I like Vannilite too because it is just a small animal that coats itself in snow and decides to look like and Ice Cream snack...for some reason...

I personally think the newer Pokemon are just getting more original. Some I don't like, for example the three musketeers because they just seem awkward, but hey, you know. They are still better than Seel and Grimer.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network: Lightzeaka
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4396-5385
#2EnferolunosPosted 5/2/2013 7:14:01 AM
I personally dislike most artificial seeming pokemon. I think garbodor is rather ugly, and the vanillite is too derpy. They are more creative than seel and grimer, but i think seel and grimer look better.
That's not to say anything against gen 5, I agree they are being more creative, I just don't like all of them.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3Hughs_RagePosted 5/2/2013 7:17:55 AM
plasmawisp1713 posted...
I mean not only is Garbodor one of the best most useful Pokemon for in-game play, but it, to me, was a neglected Pokemon in a place like New York City or another busy city that was forced to live in the dirty slum areas, and eventually started coating itself with trash to stay warm or something, and eventually became one with it.

I like Vannilite too because it is just a small animal that coats itself in snow and decides to look like and Ice Cream snack...for some reason...

I personally think the newer Pokemon are just getting more original. Some I don't like, for example the three musketeers because they just seem awkward, but hey, you know. They are still better than Seel and Grimer.

This guy gets it. <3
Gen 5 FTW
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#4LexifoxPosted 5/2/2013 7:27:52 AM
I'm a big fan of them because I like the idea and aesthetic of the Pokemon, and I feel that they actually fit the idea of Pokemon, despite some complaints. I never got the issue with "Pokemon that aren't animals".
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5RethalwolfPosted 5/2/2013 7:44:48 AM
I like the ideas, just not the execution so much.
I mean, someone once brought up a point of pollution - Grimer and Muk represented pollution of Water, Koffing and Weezing represented pollution of the Air, and now these two represented pollution of the Land, i.e. landfills and stuff. I like the idea. I just think garbage bags were not the way to go about them, and certainly not garbage bags that don't even look like they have real garbage in them. Throw in a fish skeleton or something.

Ever heard of light pollution? It's complete crap, but it would be kinda cool if they made a Poison type that was based on it. Like I said, I like the concept, not the execution.

Also, I think what people think but have trouble voicing for these and some of these designs, is that they seem lazy. I mean, Muk and Grimer were interesting because their faces were made of the grime, you know? But these two had just a tiny little tear in it, a perfect zig-zag at that, and it seems lazier. The previous ones seemed more... inspired, is all. Zubat's ears doubling to look like eyes, for another example - maybe not intended, but try and unsee it. I thought that's what they were at first and it took me forever to see them right, and hate him less. Much like Volvagia and those horns... though that might have been due to looking at artwork first, I don't know. And I want to see a bat that's dark or ghost like. Vampire bat. SOMEthing actually cool with bats...

Anyway. Honestly, though, could you deny that you wouldn't like their designs much better if they had actual trash in them? If their faces were made up of discarded items piercing the bag at key points? If those eyes of Garbodor's were just massive rips in the bag, cleverly shaded? Maybe it's just me, but I simply think they could have been done better.
I haven't really had that thought much in the past, except maybe for Mightyena's nose (when I actually cared because I thought it was a wolf and for some reason until only recently did not know it was a hyena) and Rayquaza's lips (and pronunciation! Like, wtf). But I don't think people noticed these things, or maybe they were never really prominent, until Gen 5.
Oh and Purugly. We just want our cats to be nyan, man.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#6gren-aidPosted 5/2/2013 8:55:16 AM
I like the idea behind Garbodor, but I don't like it's design. It's that fat body and thin arms that bother me.

I love the concept of Vanillish- in the Pokemon world Vanillish came first, ice cream was inspired by it. I just wish it's face wasn't so derpy...
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#7Strain42Posted 5/2/2013 10:14:05 AM
I personally love Trubbish, he's easily in my top 5 favorite Gen V pokemon. I think he's cute, and interesting. I just like him a lot.

I love the idea of Garbodor, the fact that its implied his evolution is a Trubbish that got so full of trash it literally exploded is delightfully creepy. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm ALWAYS a fan of an evolution that is explained in some way rather than just a random change (most bug types for example make sense, the slowpoke line, etc. etc.)

Really the only thing I don't like about Garbodor are the garbage poofballs on his head. If he didn't have those I'd probably like him a lot more.

But I still like him. I use him in my White team.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
#8VegantoKeensPosted 5/2/2013 10:18:23 AM
Most Gens are hit and miss with originality. To me Garbordor and Muk are equally horrible, but I like them for the fact that they are the perfect evil team grunt pokemon.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake