This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should they put a slightly limited version of pokegen on the eshop?

#1Big_IsaacPosted 5/2/2013 9:36:17 AM
basically pokegen EXCEPT you can't make illegal stuff with it. would you be OK with that? - Results (40 votes)
yes
47.5% (19 votes)
no
47.5% (19 votes)
only if ... (specify below)
5% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
stipulations:
no more than 510 EVs
no illegal moves or abilities (no Slaking with high jump kick and huge power)
hidden power type and power can be set, but the IV spread beyond that is random and can't be manipulated
no shinies can be created
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#2EnferolunosPosted 5/2/2013 9:38:49 AM
God that would be stupid
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3Silent_Snake666Posted 5/2/2013 9:47:09 AM(edited)
I would be more than happy with this in principle if...

1. They didnt charge for it, instead they gave a download code for those who purchase the game. I don't think it should accessible to some and not other just because theycant afford it. Plus there would be high demand for a legal version so the price would be very high.

2. They made some way of tagging the pokemon that had been altered and you could choose to either accept or decline the battle based on if you want to battle altered pokemon.

3. They still had a system where you could use non altered pokemon. This links in with number 2. Then you could choose to pit a trained team against a generated team and it would be clear to both trainers who was trained and who was generated.

4. The win lose ratio was split again. Example... Win(with generated team) - 5. Win with non-generated team - 4.

5. Only legal options are useable.

6. They found some way to stop hacking all together. Why would people possibly pay for this app when they can still do it for free?

Those are my demands.
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#4BountyanPosted 5/2/2013 9:50:34 AM
Or how about they just don't put IVs in XY
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#5ryudin89Posted 5/2/2013 9:52:48 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
but the IV spread beyond that is random and can't be manipulated

Then whats the point? That's one of the main reasons people even use gen.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#6Thepenguinking2Posted 5/2/2013 9:54:36 AM
Bountyan posted...
Or how about they just don't put IVs in YX

---
F*** Milotic. Lilligant is the real beauty pokemon.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#7KitschgardenerPosted 5/2/2013 9:57:19 AM
Why are people voting yes, exactly? Presumably you're okay with creating legal Pokémon on PokéGen, in which case you wouldn't pay for a limited version of it. I guess it's because it gives Pokémon generation official approval.
#8Silent_Snake666Posted 5/2/2013 10:03:14 AM
Kitschgardener posted...
Why are people voting yes, exactly? Presumably you're okay with creating legal Pokémon on PokéGen, in which case you wouldn't pay for a limited version of it. I guess it's because it gives Pokémon generation official approval.

See my rules... If they are generated they get clearly tagged as so, so does the trainer. Then people have all the facts.
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 PSN - Craig_Lennon "We're not tools of the government or anyone else!" - Gray Fox
#9jayman7Posted 5/2/2013 10:41:17 AM
Bountyan posted...
Or how about they just don't put IVs in XY

I'm not fond of the IV system as it currently exists, but they'll more-than-likely be there.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#10SlimeStackPosted 5/2/2013 10:43:14 AM
Making an official Pokégen is like saying "We're too lazy to fix our flawed IV system, so here's a debugging tool to get around it."
---
Moo