This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people still say charizard is overrated?

#11InhaledCornPosted 5/2/2013 10:41:38 AM
Because it sorta is, at least competitively. Most of the time, using it is just for style points.

Solar Power Charizard is still pretty cool, though.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
*headdesk* what a time to have no money...
#12Ari917Posted 5/2/2013 10:43:21 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Nowadays, I see more haters for charizard than fans,
Heck, the only charizard fans I know here are me and iKhanic.

I like Charizard...

As for the question, a majority of the other sites where old Pokemon fans lurk you're bound to find some fans who worship him like a god.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#13Thepenguinking2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 10:44:41 AM
lanelazerbeam posted...
Because to a lot of people: I don't like it =Overrated

Sad, but true.
---
F*** Milotic. Lilligant is the real beauty pokemon.
The Official Shiny Zangoose of the X/y Board!
#14Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/2/2013 11:00:18 AM
As for the question, a majority of the other sites where old Pokemon fans lurk you're bound to find some fans who worship him like a god.

This really. Hell, IGN is a living proof of it.

Thank goodness the people in "primary" Pokemon sites loathe it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#15pokemonfreak97Posted 5/2/2013 11:06:16 AM
Because there are people who think it can be used in OU. It can't.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#16MetaDeDeDePosted 5/2/2013 11:16:03 AM(edited)
FierceDeity1026 posted...
Almost anywhere outside of GameFAQs, you'll see rabid Charizard fanboys who absolutely foam at the mouth when you express an opinion that's even remotely less than anything praising Charizard's testicles.

Agreed Zard lack a movepool to use it specail Attack well, it also lack Nasty Polt making thing even worse. However it is average with it being better than Emboar and Typhlosion but not as good as Infernape and Speed Boost Blaziken. It does have Swords Dance but Infernape and Speed Boost Blaziken does it better.

Edit:Solar Power does help it a bit for it. If you want Zard to good actual power for once just give a Solar Power Charizard Life Orb and put it in a sun team and it will deal nice damage, but is gone all to soon.

P.S.-Infernape is meteined for those who missed the Speed boost Torchic event at Dream World as it may be very frail but it does a better job at sweeping than Charizard.
#17Grammar_manPosted 5/2/2013 4:52:32 PM
MetaDeDeDe posted...
FierceDeity1026 posted...
Almost anywhere outside of GameFAQs, you'll see rabid Charizard fanboys who absolutely foam at the mouth when you express an opinion that's even remotely less than anything praising Charizard's testicles.

Agreed Zard lack a movepool to use it specail Attack well, it also lack Nasty Polt making thing even worse. However it is average with it being better than Emboar and Typhlosion but not as good as Infernape and Speed Boost Blaziken. It does have Swords Dance but Infernape and Speed Boost Blaziken does it better.

Typhlosion is one of the main RU fire types, fighting with Moltres(who laughs at Charizard) for dominion. Emboar is a pretty dangeorus RU mon as well.

Charizard will not be better than Typhlosion nor Emboar until Stealth Rock gets nerfed somehow.
#18iKhanicPosted 5/2/2013 5:11:56 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Heck, the only charizard fans I know here are me and iKhanic.

Huh? I'm not a charizard fan.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#19BlazingRainPosted 5/2/2013 6:03:31 PM
Painted_Fish posted...
People who bash Charizard are just as bad as the people who worship him. >_>

And the reason is Smogon says he's terrible.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#20ThatGuyZPosted 5/2/2013 6:12:50 PM
People ******** it because of the Red Version and the anime due to it being so popular because it's based upon a fire dragon.

Other than that, it's rather easily beatable by a number of mons and competitively, it's near laughable.

That's my take on it, at least.
---
Jumping around, reading Tropes all day. Got video games to play, school sure isn't easy. 3DS FC-5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41