This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people still say charizard is overrated?

#31iKhanicPosted 5/4/2013 7:30:36 AM
Lui_Gar posted...
iKhanic posted...
kwando1313 posted...
iKhanic posted...
HateZards
People who hate Charizard so much that they think Charizard would still be NU without sneaky pebbles around. These people also commonly believe that Charizard bears no resemblance to dragons.

iKhanic posted...
I've really stopped caring whether people call Charizard a dragon or not.

Yup, totally stopped caring~

I don't care if people call Charizard a dragon. I do care when people say it doesnt resemble a dragon

Who cares, Charizard is terrible anyway.

You clearly haven't used Charizard before then. He's a fantastic sweeper, as long as SR, Solar Power, or Belly Drum don't kill it. Losing half of it's health switching in is a horrible thing when your two greatest assets suck away your HP. I have a feeling GF is going to nerf Stealth Rock this gen, and Charizard won't be NU anymore.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#32SuperRup91Posted 5/4/2013 7:33:32 AM
People who bash Charizard are just as bad as the people who worship him. >_>

This. Definitely this
#33AnclationPosted 5/4/2013 7:37:10 AM
This is why:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x?search=Charizard

Non-fans are simply sick and tired of all these pointless topics about that damn fire lizard.
#34AnclationPosted 5/4/2013 7:40:34 AM
BTW, stop playing the victim card, there are plenty of Charizard fans on this board, as evidenced by this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65838400
#35ClassyOldHatPosted 5/4/2013 7:42:17 AM
Polimario posted...
InsaniZards
-These people don't idolize Charizard, but make him out to be better than he actually is. The people who think 'Zard is held back only by Rocks, that use him in Ubers, yada yada.

While using him in Ubers is a bad idea, a lot of people who insist that even without Stealth Rock, he would still be NU, seem to forget that Charizard actually does have decent stats, and has been slowly growing a better move/ability pool, to the point where they seem to throw out generic reasons to hate a Pokemon without actually checking things. For example, I once saw one Charizard hater claim that one of the main reasons Volcarona is used over Charizard is because of it's speed, even before Quiver Dance. If I need to explain the punch line there, you're probably a Charizard hater of the kind I described.
#36Shadow_StarWolfPosted 5/4/2013 9:05:48 AM
Decent stats overshadowed by better Pokemon.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#37mada7Posted 5/4/2013 9:21:07 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
People use the word overrated too much nowadays. It's just like "epic" and "troll" now

That's an epic troll right there though maybe a bit overrated :P
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#38ClassyOldHatPosted 5/4/2013 12:32:06 PM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
Decent stats overshadowed by better Pokemon.

True, but that's why I limited my commentary to "wouldn't be NU If Stealth Rock didn't exist." Typhlosion has the same base stats and a similar movepool, but is RU.

My point is less "Charizard would be OU if people weren't out to hate him" and more "People refuse to cut Charizard ANY slack."
#39VegantoKeensPosted 5/4/2013 12:39:22 PM
Isn't this getting blown out of proportion? It was just a nice starter from the first gen. I don't see it used much on youtube, I don't see people here worshipping it. Who the hell are these invisible Charizard lovers that people are supposedly fighting tooth and nail on this board?
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake