This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vaguely tempted to get back into Pokemon

#1WhiteTigerShiroPosted 5/2/2013 11:53:52 AM
Used to love Pokemon back on the Game Boy, but when the GBA versions came out I just... I dunno, I couldn't stay into it. Not sure if I was just Pokemon'd out, or if it was more just that none of my friends were into it. In any case, I haven't really played since Pokemon G/S, but I'm kinda feeling the itch to get back into it. So what all have I missed since G/S?
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/
#2EnferolunosPosted 5/2/2013 11:54:35 AM
A lot
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 5/2/2013 11:58:11 AM
Well... Pokemon now have more things altering their stats. They have abilities now (for example, Gengar has Levitate, which makes him immune to Ground type moves), and physical/special moves aren't determined by type anymore (Fire Punch, for example, is physical now).

I know I'm forgetting some stuff, but those are some of the major changes.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#4TIGERJACKS0N-Posted 5/2/2013 12:01:33 PM
You missed out on-

-MANY new species of pokemon
-physical/special split
-a couple of regions you best get going on exploring
-very cute pokegirls!
-b/w games are more story based than usual if that's your thing
-Beware, some gen 1 and 2 pokemon got butt ugly evolutions in gen 4. Some cool though
-abilities
---
Everyday the sun comes up around her, she can make the birds, sing harmony!
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png <3 Ain't no woman like the one i got..
#5reaverzPosted 5/2/2013 12:07:05 PM
If you want to play some of the newer games before XY are released to get you up to speed, the Gen V games (Black, White, Black2, White2) are excellent choices and the ones I would recommend. If, however, you want to only pick up one of these, then I would suggest either Black2 or White2. You'll miss out on a bit of story, but it's honestly not that important and the sequels have a ton of additional content. There are also way more Pokemon available to capture in them.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6gpstylezPosted 5/2/2013 12:07:36 PM
Even if your friends don't play the game, you don't need link cables anymore to trade and battle. You can do those things with a person across the world via wifi connection.
---
I don't care which team wins the NBA playoffs...as long as it's not the Miami Heat.
PW2: 3912-5390-4626. Currently hooked on American Horror Story!
#7ColtCababaPosted 5/2/2013 12:08:43 PM
Weather teams that sweep through your entire team, along with Stealth Rock and Scizor make up the metagame. It's more of a punishment that has no fun in it.

Welcome back! :)
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
#8slumpcatPosted 5/2/2013 12:08:57 PM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
-very cute pokegirls!

I... hate you... so much.
---
meow
http://i.imgur.com/ZrgWFq5.jpg?1
#9ColtCababaPosted 5/2/2013 12:09:40 PM
slumpcat posted...
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
-very cute pokegirls!

I... hate you... so much.

Definetely.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Enforcer of WF
"Come at me, Chupacabras!" -Pat (Two Best Friends Play)
#10NessEggmanPosted 5/2/2013 12:14:44 PM
If you want to jump back in, grab Black or White. It's meant to be somewhat of a 'reboot' and is great for new players or returning players after a while. You'll learn all about the new mechanics and stuff, while seeing all-new Pokemon.

If you're feeling more nostalgic and unsure, wait until XY are released, and if you're still feeling that itch, grab one. Because obviously you really want to play it lol.

And yeah, mostly you just missed upgrades to the systems here and there, new little systems and features, and a bunch of new Pokemon. But the core concepts and gameplay are still the same.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."