This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vaguely tempted to get back into Pokemon

#21WhiteTigerShiro(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:07:00 PM
Which I guess brings-up a question: Will Pokemon from B/W or B/W2 be trade-able to X/Y? Or has there been no confirmation one way or the other on this?
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/ (actually updating)
#22AzurinaiPosted 5/10/2013 3:12:22 PM
I'm 100% sure they will, as the just released a Deoxys event for BW2 and only 5 months from release. It would be silly to do such a thing and not be able to trade across.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#23jayman7Posted 5/10/2013 3:16:55 PM
WhiteTigerShiro posted...
So in short, I wouldn't have been able to trade my Pokemon from Blue and Silver to newer games anyway?

Yup.

We don't know if you can transfer Pokémon from the third-fifth gens up to the sixth yet, but given the real problem regarding second-to-third-gen compatibility was hardware issues, and given that Square-Enix has already proved that DS-to-3DS transfers are possible, I would venture a guess that transfers will be possible.

And as this appears to be a normal even-numbered gen from what little we know* (ie. stuff that evolves from or is related to older stuff), a complete reboot would be a big mistake if you ask me - even bigger than if it happened during an odd-numbered gen.

* - "What little we know" that happens to be relevant is just Sylveon and Awakened Mewtwo at this point, but still...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#24EpsteinBarrPosted 5/10/2013 3:18:05 PM
Get out while you still can. It's not worth it anymore.
#25WhiteTigerShiro(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:32:10 PM
jayman7 posted...
So in short, I wouldn't have been able to trade my Pokemon from Blue and Silver to newer games anyway?

Yup.

We don't know if you can transfer Pokémon from the third-fifth gens up to the sixth yet, but given the real problem regarding second-to-third-gen compatibility was hardware issues, and given that Square-Enix has already proved that DS-to-3DS transfers are possible, I would venture a guess that transfers will be possible.

And as this appears to be a normal even-numbered gen from what little we know* (ie. stuff that evolves from or is related to older stuff), a complete reboot would be a big mistake if you ask me - even bigger than if it happened during an odd-numbered gen.

* - "What little we know" that happens to be relevant is just Sylveon and Awakened Mewtwo at this point, but still...
I guess I don't know what you mean by a "normal" even-numbered Gen. And what you're suggesting is that I should avoid getting into any of the older titles before X/Y come out?
---
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/ (actually updating)
#26sonicfanaticjtbPosted 5/10/2013 4:02:31 PM
Which I guess brings-up a question: Will Pokemon from B/W or B/W2 be trade-able to X/Y? Or has there been no confirmation one way or the other on this?

Until the DS is phased out, yes. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to transfer between the 5th and 6th gens... I'd say that a better question would be, will you be able to transfer between the 4th and 6th gens? That, I couldn't tell ya... It'll probably depend on how transferring between old gens is handled in the 6th gen.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#27jayman7Posted 5/10/2013 4:26:36 PM
I guess I don't know what you mean by a "normal" even-numbered Gen. And what you're suggesting is that I should avoid getting into any of the older titles before X/Y come out?

I didn't say that. I said transfers will more than likely be possible.

Anyway, the trend so far seems to be that even-numbered gens introduce a large number of Pokémon related to previous-gen Pokémon, but fewer Pokémon overall; while odd-numbered gens offer a larger number of Pokémon, and the only odd-gen Pokémon related to older-gen Pokémon ever are a pair of third-gens named Azurill and Wynaut.

It might be hard to say, but with Sylveon and Awakened Mewtwo in the sixth gen, it looks like the sixth gen may be another traditional even-numbered gen - lots of stuff related to old stuff.

And I'm saying that an even-numbered gen not having cross-gen compatibility would be a mistake - moreso than an odd-numbered gen - due to all the Pokémon related to older stuff (the only gen not to have compatibility with the previous gen was the third, which was odd-numbered.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#28RATS_R_SWAGPosted 5/10/2013 5:03:44 PM
Used to love Pokemon back on the Game Boy, but when the GBA versions came out I just... I dunno, I couldn't stay into it. Not sure if I was just Pokemon'd out, or if it was more just that none of my friends were into it. In any case, I haven't really played since Pokemon G/S, but I'm kinda feeling the itch to get back into it. So what all have I missed since G/S?

You know what they say dawg GS is two letters away from SWAG! Once you get it all, you know it's real! So GET REAL! BE A BOSS, AND GET YOUR SWAGGER ON! PEACE!
---
I'm gonna pop some SWAG,
I got 20 HOLLAH in mah pocket!