This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about anime Jigglypuff

#1MultiShadow101Posted 5/2/2013 2:06:35 PM
Was it ever aware of the sleep-inducing effect of its song or did it just think everybody fell asleep out of boredom?
#2stranksyPosted 5/2/2013 2:09:15 PM
I believe it assumed boredom, which is why it always maliciously drew on faces with a sharpie whilst everyone slept
---
When life's really getting you down, take solace in the fact that you're going to die.
#3RATS_R_SWAGPosted 5/2/2013 2:10:14 PM
lol who cares about Jigglypuff.
lol who cares about anime.
lol who cares about Pokémon.
lol who cares about lol.
---
>_>- - - "#YOLO"
^_^<LOL NOPE I'M IMMORTAL B*****S!!!
#4alpha-apePosted 5/2/2013 2:10:41 PM
I think the latter. He wouldn't go mad on his audience if he knew the song causes sleep.
---
Official Jigglypuff of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U boards
#5Davidk92Posted 5/2/2013 2:11:39 PM
Jigg alee puff,
Jigg alee,
Alee puuuuuff...

---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#6ohnoyadontPosted 5/2/2013 2:12:20 PM
Whatever happened to that Jigglypuff anyway?
#7MultiShadow101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 2:18:31 PM
stranksy posted...
I believe it assumed boredom, which is why it always maliciously drew on faces with a sharpie whilst everyone slept

alpha-ape posted...
I think the latter. He wouldn't go mad on his audience if he knew the song causes sleep.

I'm inclined to agree, though Jigglypuff does sort of come across as the kind of Pokemon that would do it anyway regardless of the circumstances.
#8Kurir_TelmonkinPosted 5/2/2013 2:34:56 PM
ohnoyadont posted...

It fell into a jet engine. Real answer, I dont remember, I am currently watching season 5 again and she is still there.
---
This series is the Inception of games. Everyone is inside each other, and it only goes deeper... - DrunkBeardGuy on Kingdom Hearts
Proud 3DS Ambassador
#9wonderboyjohnnyPosted 5/2/2013 2:41:47 PM
I always wondered why they didn't just explain to Jigglypuff what was going on (though she does seem to understand when they are trying to find creatures that can withstand it for her to perform for).

Maybe she is just a diva.
---
Rabbit ain't got no tail at all
#10nrevoPosted 5/2/2013 2:52:24 PM
ohnoyadont posted...

Jigglypuff's story arc (of wanting to find someone who could listen to its entire song without sleeping, as explained to Meowth in the episode "Tunnel Vision") was completed in the Advanced episode "A Poke-BLOCK Party!" thanks to Whismur (via Soundproof).

Later on in that episode, Whismur fell asleep from fatigue while Jigglypuff sang her song again, making her scribble over everyone angrily one last time before walking off. This is why I hate Whismur, for making Jigglypuff leave the show.

Jigglypuff WAS cameo'd a few times later on, though (e.g., a picture of her on a mike in some Caterpie episode). There was also a Marill in some Pokemon short that acted like Jigglypuff (but slapping people with its tail instead of scribbling on them). Also, Jigglypuff makes a super brief appearance in the Meloetta short.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dyJ4ys3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/YuIACwd.jpg