This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Reaction : Tailwind can be used on the opposing team

#1TwiceNightleyPosted 5/2/2013 4:57:23 PM
It would make for an excellent Trick Room counter, but could be disastrous if you predict wrong, or if the opponent reads your predict. On the other hand, Tailwind teams would actually stand a chance against Trick Room teams. The Trick Room user could also just reverse Trick Room.
---
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." Holden Caulfield, via The Laughing Man
#2PChaosWMPosted 5/2/2013 5:11:07 PM
That would actually be a pretty cool idea. I approve.
---
Growing old is mandatory... growing up is optional.
Pokemon Black 2 FC - Mamoser / 0090-1828-2316
#3_KGC_Posted 5/2/2013 6:44:46 PM
Or you can use your own Trick Room to counter the Trick Roomers, lol
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#4SilverSaint7Posted 5/2/2013 6:53:48 PM(edited)
Why would you carry a move that gives 99% your opponents an overwhelming advantage? Trick Room doesn't come up often enough to justify it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#5TwiceNightley(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:53:58 PM
SilverSaint7 posted...
Why would you carry a move that gives 99% your opponents an overwhelming advantage? Trick Room doesn't come up often to justify it.

I think it's a bit unreasonable that the only way to really counter it is by Trick Room.
---
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." Holden Caulfield, via The Laughing Man
#6SilverSaint7Posted 5/2/2013 7:02:53 PM
If Trick Room was permanent like Drizzle and friends then it would be unreasonable and I could see a use for this move but Trick Room is manageable the way it is now. Annoying if you're unprepared for it but still manageable.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnCZgwQ.gif
#7TwiceNightley(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 11:15:14 PM
I don't think adding this option to Tailwind would break it or even dimish the usefulness for Trick Room. Just another possible way to counter and the risks associated with what is essentially buffing the enemy team would certainly balance it out. I just think it's more reasonable for a non-Trick Room team to carry a Tailwind user, than to expect a non-Trick Room team to carry a Trick Room user, soley for the reverse. And again, if it is indeed manageable as it is now, the original Trick Room team could just cast Trick Room again and enjoy the benefits of a free Tailwind boost.

To me, if one team casts Trick Room, and the foe's team casts Tailwind on the Trick Room team, it's no worse than a Tailwind team getting caught by the foe's Snatch. It's all about the predict.
---