This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you pay for extra areas?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Would you pay for extra areas?

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
3 years ago#1
Yes, it's sort of nickle and diming but not all great ideas can come out as soon as possible. It's a nice idea even if it never happens but I would totally pay like $7 for challenge areas or areas kind of outlandish with rare Pokemon. There's lots of potential. Just nothing like $2.00 for Cerelan Cave with Mewtwo.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#2
No.
When I pay 40 bucks for a game, I want the entire thing. I don't want to have to pay for areas with different Pokemon. Then it just turns into "pay to win."
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
3 years ago#3
That's being very black and white about it. Obviously these areas should have trainers, special conditions, lore...not some little silly forest with a random Miltank in it.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: Habefiet

Habefiet
3 years ago#4
Why is topic not just titled "Would you pay for Pokemon DLC"

:P

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#5
Ki_cat_ posted...
That's being very black and white about it. Obviously these areas should have trainers, special conditions, lore...not some little silly forest with a random Miltank in it.

I still think it's a terrible idea.
People would just hack the Pokemon anyway.

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
3 years ago#6
CakeOfLies posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

That's why you learn to read. Just read it again. If you're that stupid, then here:

The area will be a new explorable area with new (perhaps) trainers or even cameos. Perhaps even something special like a Battle Facility or two. And many more. Your welcome

User Info: TherianReturns

TherianReturns
3 years ago#7
Yes, because I'm not poor.
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#8
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

That's why you learn to read. Just read it again. If you're that stupid, then here:

The area will be a new explorable area with new (perhaps) trainers or even cameos. Perhaps even something special like a Battle Facility or two. And many more. Your welcome

Posting that again doesn't change it.
I read the OP too. "Rare and outlandish Pokemon."

In other words, you're either paying for a couple trainers or a battle facility (which should come with the game in the first place) or exclusive Pokemon/abilities (which would be hacked and traded anyway).

User Info: Estheimaster

Estheimaster
3 years ago#9
Most games, no. Pokemon, yes.

I wouldn't want any DLC that couldn't be included in the original game, but what if they release a DLC for a place to get older Pokemon, because it might be hard to fit 700+ Pokemon into one region.

Also, if they don't have a Battle Frontier, I wouldn't mind a DLC including it. I'd rather have it on the game, but if they couldn't because of time or something, I'd love for it to eventually arrive.
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
3 years ago#10
CakeOfLies posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

Posting that again doesn't change it.
I read the OP too. "Rare and outlandish Pokemon."

In other words, you're either paying for a couple trainers or a battle facility (which should come with the game in the first place) or exclusive Pokemon/abilities (which would be hacked and traded anyway).

So if the game already has a battle frontier with 50 facilities, and a DLC comes with a new one becoz they suddenly had the idea, you'd still "rather it be in the game in the first place"?

I use extreme example just to tackle your mindset. Unless the game was intentionally made incomplete (and very obvious at it), you cannot just rule out additional options
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Would you pay for extra areas?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived