This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you pay for extra areas?

#1Ki_cat_Posted 5/2/2013 6:24:08 PM
Yes, it's sort of nickle and diming but not all great ideas can come out as soon as possible. It's a nice idea even if it never happens but I would totally pay like $7 for challenge areas or areas kind of outlandish with rare Pokemon. There's lots of potential. Just nothing like $2.00 for Cerelan Cave with Mewtwo.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 5/2/2013 6:29:53 PM
No.
When I pay 40 bucks for a game, I want the entire thing. I don't want to have to pay for areas with different Pokemon. Then it just turns into "pay to win."
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#3Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 6:33:58 PM
That's being very black and white about it. Obviously these areas should have trainers, special conditions, lore...not some little silly forest with a random Miltank in it.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#4HabefietPosted 5/2/2013 6:39:04 PM
Why is topic not just titled "Would you pay for Pokemon DLC"

:P
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 5/2/2013 6:39:11 PM
Ki_cat_ posted...
That's being very black and white about it. Obviously these areas should have trainers, special conditions, lore...not some little silly forest with a random Miltank in it.

I still think it's a terrible idea.
People would just hack the Pokemon anyway.
---
#6Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/2/2013 6:51:58 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

That's why you learn to read. Just read it again. If you're that stupid, then here:

The area will be a new explorable area with new (perhaps) trainers or even cameos. Perhaps even something special like a Battle Facility or two. And many more. Your welcome
#7TherianReturnsPosted 5/2/2013 6:52:50 PM
Yes, because I'm not poor.
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 5/2/2013 6:56:18 PM
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

That's why you learn to read. Just read it again. If you're that stupid, then here:

The area will be a new explorable area with new (perhaps) trainers or even cameos. Perhaps even something special like a Battle Facility or two. And many more. Your welcome

Posting that again doesn't change it.
I read the OP too. "Rare and outlandish Pokemon."

In other words, you're either paying for a couple trainers or a battle facility (which should come with the game in the first place) or exclusive Pokemon/abilities (which would be hacked and traded anyway).
---
#9EstheimasterPosted 5/2/2013 7:01:00 PM
Most games, no. Pokemon, yes.

I wouldn't want any DLC that couldn't be included in the original game, but what if they release a DLC for a place to get older Pokemon, because it might be hard to fit 700+ Pokemon into one region.

Also, if they don't have a Battle Frontier, I wouldn't mind a DLC including it. I'd rather have it on the game, but if they couldn't because of time or something, I'd love for it to eventually arrive.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#10Ku-Ri-BohPosted 5/2/2013 7:44:15 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

Posting that again doesn't change it.
I read the OP too. "Rare and outlandish Pokemon."

In other words, you're either paying for a couple trainers or a battle facility (which should come with the game in the first place) or exclusive Pokemon/abilities (which would be hacked and traded anyway).

So if the game already has a battle frontier with 50 facilities, and a DLC comes with a new one becoz they suddenly had the idea, you'd still "rather it be in the game in the first place"?

I use extreme example just to tackle your mindset. Unless the game was intentionally made incomplete (and very obvious at it), you cannot just rule out additional options