This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: HM-based obstacles should be removed in Gen 6

#11kaliskonigPosted 5/2/2013 11:25:11 PM(edited)
They are fine seeing as how HM attacks are no longer semi-permanent.
#12SammuthegreatPosted 5/3/2013 1:00:28 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
They should just make them work as some sort of key item so you don't actually have to have Pokemon with the moves.

This. A tiny bit of common sense is needed here. Why do HM moves need to take up a space in our movesets? Fly is essential but a poor move, for example.

Would be so easy to add a 5th, non-combat move slot on each Pokemon. So you could teach your Flygon to Fly out of combat, but you don't have to keep the move Fly in your moveset. The in-combat aspect of the HM could then be relegated to TM status.
#13chubawakePosted 5/3/2013 1:24:44 AM
Do we really need all 24 move slots for in-game? I don't mind HMs that much, though it would be nice if Cut and Strength were somehow improved.
---
But hey, that's just me.
#14War_Flame28Posted 5/3/2013 1:35:09 AM
Voted C. Meant D. Woops.
#15BlazingRainPosted 5/3/2013 1:42:26 AM
Anyone notice how if all these polls calling for removing trademark features of the Pokemon games actually influenced the design of the new games they'd end up not resembling the older games at all?
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#16SlimeStackPosted 5/3/2013 5:48:08 AM
Gen V did them fine. Cut needs to be stronger or removed from the game though. Finding that one ****ty bush on Victory Road is the worst kind of BS in the world. You only pass like one bush before you get the HM so being a real obstacle is short lived and if quickly becomes an annoyance after.
---
Moo
#17Brandon042487Posted 5/3/2013 5:56:23 AM
We need more dancers that dance for no reason.
---
<(x_x)>
#18Luigi playerPosted 5/3/2013 6:04:55 AM
Key Items instead of HMs please.
I hate that I have to learn my playthrough-team such god-awful moves that I don't want.

"oh, what team will I play through with this time?
well, I need a...
- flyer (even though the move is annoying since it's 2-turn
- water (surf, waterfall (sometimes one Pokemon has both (really unneeded), sometimes I choose 2 Pokemon with each having one of the moves))"

Well, it's already really great that rock smash isn't a HM anymore and that strength almost isn't needed in the main game (but it's still annoying having to have it on one Pokemon if you want to go to some other routes), same with cut, but it's still annoying. What's also good about strength-stuff is that it keeps that way if you've already done it... that's another part they've done better.

Still annoying that you have to have a cut/strength/sometimes rock smash - Pokemon with you so that you can explore more/get more items and stuff.
I want to do that with my main team without having them to learn such crappy moves that you can't get rid of without a huge hassle (and sometimes late in the game to reach).
It's also annoying that you ALWAYS need someone with fly unless you plan on going everywhere by foot which would take ages.

Make Cut, Fly and Strength "normal" moves that some Pokemon can learn by level-up, or a move-tutor move or something... , make Surf a TM, make Waterfall a TM/Move-tutor move... yes, that would be great.

The stuff these moves did should be key items that you obtain when you'd obtain these HMs.

It would kinda change how Pokemon plays though... without being able for your Pokemon to use moves outside of battle, but well, it's annoying as ****. Especially when you can't get rid of them like normal moves and you're forced to have a team that can learn them.
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#19SteveBobPosted 5/3/2013 6:32:56 AM
Keep Surf & Fly. Bin the others.
---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#20MaximoomPosted 5/3/2013 5:34:34 PM
I really hate Cut.