This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help making a sandstorm team...

#1ManuKesnaPosted 5/3/2013 12:07:14 AM
I have no idea where to start, i just know that i want tyranitar and maybe lucario/magnezone/rhyperior ( i wanted excadrill but apparently he is uber)
I really need advices and ideas to do this since i am a newbie at this
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#2RingsOfUranusPosted 5/3/2013 12:18:45 AM
If you're a newbie, what's made you decide you want a sandstorm team? You may make one and decide you hate it.

Paraflinch Jirachi, just 'cause.

Think about Forretress for entry hazards and rapid spinning opposing entry hazards, if you're interested. Entry hazards+Sandstorm can get your opponent's team half dead by the first turn if you set them up well.

Blissey isn't immune to sandstorm, but put a leftovers on it and it's got no effect. Blissey is the best special wall in the game and fits into a sandstorm team well for spreading statuses.

Magnezone is a great sweeper, few things are effective against it (Magnet rise giving it immunity to ground type attacks, and fire Pokemon aren't really that common in OU. Watch out for surprise fire moves on pokemon though, Flamethrower works its way in anywhere)

Hippowdon is a beast wall, and with earthquake/stealth rock can aid in wearing down opposition.

Gliscor with Toxic orb and poison heal + a substitute can stall forever. Slap toxic on it (Or have toxic spikes as an entry hazard and replace toxic with a suitable attack) and a protect and you'll opponent is likely to rage quit getting slapped around in the sandstorm.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#3BoyOfBattlePosted 5/3/2013 12:30:25 AM
ttar terrakion landorus. there you have half a team

you'll need a water resist, if it were me i'd go with latios or maybe Choice Band Dragonite for priority extremespeed

now you need a steel type to cover weaknesses. all teams should have a steel type imo. i'd go with bulky jirachi with sp def investment.

last dude can be up to you
---
NO TROLLOING!!! ~game_lover_man
Spurs. "Bat" Manu. Tony Parkour. Tim Duncan "You." we already won.
#4ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 7:12:18 AM
Those are pretty good advices! Thanks! And well i have been trying yo do a rain team but i just realized that i really dont like water pokemons that much and i have always like ground/steel/rpck pokemon more so i just want to try it out and see how it goes
---
#5inTaCtfuLPosted 5/3/2013 7:37:38 AM
hippo
heatran
jellicent
amonguss
forretress
stoutland
---
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~
#6ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 9:38:33 AM
hippo
heatran
jellicent
amonguss
forretress
stoutland

---
#7Archwing3441Posted 5/3/2013 10:27:51 AM(edited)
heatran is definitely a good one, especially since you might run a few steal pokemon.
I personally like Scizor.
You'll also probably want some pokemon to be immune/resist earthquakes, since a lot pokemon immune to sandstorm are weak to fighting, ground, and possible fire. In this case, Dragonite actually does work well, having resistance/immunity to the types you'll most likely be sharing weaknesses.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#8ManuKesna(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 10:57:57 AM
heatran is definitely a good one, especially since you might run a few steal pokemon.
I personally like Scizor.
You'll also probably want some pokemon to be immune/resist earthquakes, since a lot pokemon immune to sandstorm are weak to fighting, ground, and possible fire. In this case, Dragonite actually does work well, having resistance/immunity to the types you'll most likely be sharing weaknesses.

yeah heatran seems pretty good
---