This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Wasn't Pikachu in Black and White 1 & 2?

#21westontickleePosted 5/3/2013 1:06:11 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
westonticklee posted...
OshawottGuy4

Get out

Why are you such a genwunner?

Idk cause I'm not
---
People who hate on Queen Jiggs are obvious trolls
Official king of the Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon X boards
#22wind64aPosted 5/3/2013 1:14:16 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
You barely see Pikachu outside of Kanto. I remember there being a chance of Pikachu being in the garden of the rich guy in Platinum, but that is the last time I saw one in the wild.

I think it's because Pikachu gets a spiritual successor in each gen, that fails to deliver because it is just some crappy evolutionless rodent. Raichu isn't even that amazing.

I'd say Pachirisu's actually more useful for in-game utility such as finding Rare Candies and other items with Pickup. Plus a sufficiently leveled one can pretty much allow you to catch any legendary besides Giratina fairly easily due to having Thunder Wave and Super Fang. And none of them are exactly stellar competitively, including the entire Pikachu line.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#23AeoninPosted 5/3/2013 1:45:15 PM
Because then sakurafanboy would not have had to eat his shoe. (We're still waiting on that by the way...)
---
"A man's soul burns hotter than any cape." - xgamer1234
#24LexifoxPosted 5/3/2013 9:33:43 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
You barely see Pikachu outside of Kanto. I remember there being a chance of Pikachu being in the garden of the rich guy in Platinum, but that is the last time I saw one in the wild.

The Trophy Garden Pokemon aren't likely native to Unova. Dialogue suggests that the owner imports rare Pokemon to the garden for bragging.

reaverz posted...
Anyways, I think GameFreak really wants to drive the point that Pikachu is only naturally found at the Viridian Forest. However, the fact that wild Eevee are readily available in BW2 raises serious questions about where all the gift Eevee of previous generations originally come from.

NewMoonShadow posted...
Logically, they came from Unova, considering I think it's the only place we've been able to find Eevee out in the wild. Nobody in the games ever claimed Eevee was actually native to Kanto, I don't think.

Pretty much this. Eevee is never shown to be wild to any region except Unova, and the Pokemon has always been a gift from someone who collects rare Pokemon and/or got it as a result of a Pokemon PC mishap.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod