This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stop complaining about Focus Blast and Stone Edge's accuracy

#41HodouPosted 5/4/2013 2:23:49 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

Was it?
Never mind that then.

Yeah, it was the third issue. You can check the date of the issue by clicking the Home link.

Still, it's not like Fire is bad like this guy is saying. Fire is actually still one of the better offensive types, isn't it?

It's usefulness did drop with drizzle out for nonweather teams but it's definitely still effective, most notably for Sun teams. And there are three very common Pokemon that are 4X weak to Fire with other steels like Skarmory, Magnezone, and Jirachi too. You do need an anti-rain measure though.

I can't deny calling fire "useless" is an exaggeration, this post is more what I mean to say. If you want to use fire effectively, it basically has to be on a sun or sand team, because teams that are simply anti-weather won't get much of anything from it.

More to the point, it pisses me off when people whine about luck in Pokemon, so I reiterate that the rest of my post is the important part. Luck is a positive element in Pokemon, not a negative one.
#42ThatKippPosted 5/4/2013 2:42:21 PM
ban all moves. that'll fix it!

---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#43ClassyOldHatPosted 5/4/2013 8:15:22 PM
Hodou posted...
Almost EVERY game has risk elements. The only ones that don't are rigid, never-changing, simple games like chess, and those have been analyzed to death so heavily that you can practically tell from turn one how the game will go. An element of luck, especially one that heavily rewards high-risk tactics if they work, is considered to be GOOD for a game. The only difference is that in this game, those percentages are spelled out clearly for us, so we know exactly what we're risking.

Yeah! I mean, look at basketball! That 30% chance the basket will close when a player attempts a shot, and peopl love that!

And look at games like Call of Duty? Where would we be without a 30% chance for the machine gun to lock up?
#44ShadowStarEdgePosted 5/4/2013 8:26:44 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
Hodou posted...
Almost EVERY game has risk elements. The only ones that don't are rigid, never-changing, simple games like chess, and those have been analyzed to death so heavily that you can practically tell from turn one how the game will go. An element of luck, especially one that heavily rewards high-risk tactics if they work, is considered to be GOOD for a game. The only difference is that in this game, those percentages are spelled out clearly for us, so we know exactly what we're risking.

Yeah! I mean, look at basketball! That 30% chance the basket will close when a player attempts a shot, and peopl love that!

And look at games like Call of Duty? Where would we be without a 30% chance for the machine gun to lock up?

Except those are games where motion is involved, not a turn based game like Pokemon.
---
k
#45EstheimasterPosted 5/4/2013 8:27:08 PM
My Focus Blast missed twice in critical moments in my last match, but I don't really mind because I knew it was a sacrifice.

What really pissed me off was when Celebi got frozen 3 matches in a row. What are the chances? 10% each time, but it was frozen 3 times in a row. FML.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#46ClassyOldHatPosted 5/5/2013 4:43:33 PM
ShadowStarEdge posted...

Except those are games where motion is involved, not a turn based game like Pokemon.

And why should turn based games be treated differently?
#47BountyanPosted 5/5/2013 4:46:32 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Stop complaining about Focus Blast and Stone Edge's accuracy

No.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#48SP_WesPosted 5/5/2013 5:21:29 PM
ClassyOldHat posted...
ShadowStarEdge posted...

And why should turn based games be treated differently?

In CoD, the number of determining factors is huge. There's my movement, the enemies movement, the positioning of teammates, the accuracy of players, etc. These are all things that A) Can change any second, and B) Any one player can not be fully aware or in control of. The game is highly dynamic.

In Pokemon, things are far more static. Adding that element of chance via accuracy and additional effects adds that spontaneous element to the game.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison