This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should a more dynamic battle system be implemented...?

#11TaticalWarriorPosted 5/3/2013 5:51:01 PM(edited)
Melkac posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
Melkac posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
Except it IS good and is the result of years of building a battle system and polishing it more and more.

I think you're confused. By 'battle system' I don't mean the 'catch your pokeymanz, train them properly, get TMs, make them learn new abilities', I mean the 'spam A to win' battle system.
How the hell has that battle system been 'polished more and more'?

The battle system wasn't polished? Really?

It was? In what way? Please, do explain.

Weather, natures, abilities, physical/special split, move tunning, hold items, double battles, triple battles, rotation battles, entry hazards, wi-fi...

Why don't you play RBY now and see how the battle system is miles away from the current one. See how many items were introduced, how many new pokes, new abilities, new moves, rebalanced moves, and other mechanics that were being added in the series.
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#12CM_PonchPosted 5/3/2013 5:51:33 PM
Maybe RPGs just aren't for you
---
http://i.minus.com/ibaA0poozfqtmX.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0Ccy1.png
#13fallenKlNGPosted 5/3/2013 5:56:59 PM
I think Pokemon should stay strictly turn based. The Pokemon games are defined by the turn base system; it's the heart and soul of the games. Take that away, and I guarantee the majority of the fanbase will alienate the series like what happened to the newest DmC game that came out, except it'll be even worse. The Pokemon battle system is one-of-a-kind. I don't know many other games besides the Pokemon games that have such an addictive turn-based strategy battle system. It would be a shame if it went away to mimic several of those dynamic battle systems that we already have in other games.

Although, I wouldn't mind a spinoff series with a more dynamic battle system. Something that's more complicated than Pokemon Rumble Blast though lol.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#14HodouPosted 5/3/2013 6:09:24 PM
If they do anything to the battle system (and I think they should, sure,) then it needs to keep the TWO elements that make Pokemon a great game competitively.

It needs to be TURN BASED still. Pokemon is not an Action RPG. it is an RPG. Remember when we had those? Some people still like them. Lots, in fact.

And it needs to be STRATEGIC. Your chance of winning over the opponent should still be based entirely on the makeup of your team and your ability to outsmart the opponent. Pokemon should never be a contest of who can input moves/maneuver their character the best, then it stops being Pokemon.

There's plenty of room to improve the battle system within those constraints, but making the game more "dynamic" in that regard is just pointless and would probably end up making it worse.
#15HodouPosted 5/3/2013 6:11:33 PM
Melkac posted...
TaticalWarrior posted...
Except it IS good and is the result of years of building a battle system and polishing it more and more.

I think you're confused. By 'battle system' I don't mean the 'catch your pokeymanz, train them properly, get TMs, make them learn new abilities', I mean the 'spam A to win' battle system.
How the hell has that battle system been 'polished more and more'?

Also seriously hold on, how is anything about Pokemon "spam A to win?" A doesn't even do anything on its own. It selects options in menus. Are you seriously trying to judge the quality of a game by the number of buttons it uses, regardless of what those buttons actually do? because that'd just be silly and totally misguided...
#16wind64aPosted 5/3/2013 6:15:05 PM
Besides, you can touch the screen to use moves if the "A" button bothers you that much.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#17NekoHime64Posted 5/3/2013 7:00:50 PM
fallenKlNG posted...
Although, I wouldn't mind a spinoff series with a more dynamic battle system. Something that's more complicated than Pokemon Rumble Blast though lol.

Agree.
---
FF IX was better than FFVII. THERE, I SAID IT!!!
#18CakeOfLiesPosted 5/3/2013 7:10:17 PM
Melkac posted...
Being completely honest, the worst aspect of all pokémon games is the battle system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPNGCesEWgw
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4342-3001-3593.
#19thiaguinhohpPosted 5/3/2013 7:51:34 PM
"spam A to win" is unfun. To me it sucks. I only play pogeymonz for the story.

I wish this battle system to pogeymonz games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V8ldA0mYZM

Now that's fun and full of action ^^
---
#VaiCorinthians!! O time do povo vai virar!!