This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of this old formula

#1KasadaPosted 5/3/2013 4:14:21 PM
If for whatever reason Nintendo heard my wishes, Pokemon would look something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0K1z294p4yc#t=462s

See this? See how fast paced these battles are? See how I can actually use half of my team in a fight so I can mess around with team mechanics instead of playing rock paper scissors? Hear this rockin' music? THIS is what I want!

I'm sure I'll get some kind of response like "Then play that. Pokemon is a completely different series and it has traditions." The problem is that I actually like the pokemon universe. I like the pokemon designs, I like the mechanics, I just can't stand the static, slow battle system and the grind fest gameplay. I want to be able to win fights through planning and strategy that isn't as simple as having a fast pokemon with a super effective type move at a decent level. Heck, for me to feel like I'm playing intelligently nowadays in pokemon, I have to be playing a whole Baton Pass team, and that's barely viable.

I just want some new life in this series so I can enjoy it again. I don't expect it to change anytime soon, but I can dream.
---
Wa.
#2F1areaGamanPosted 5/3/2013 4:26:51 PM
Pokemon is a handheld game. It's designed to be played on toilets, in Subways, at grandma's etc.

The mechanics are based around this fact. The games are just so good (They actually are extremely well designed RPGS) that most people will sit and grind home alone sometimes, before bed, when they should be studying, etc.

But Pokemon, at least the core series, as long as it remains on handheld,will always play similar to this.

I'm not saying it's impossible that there won't be a typical Console RPG Pokemon game and it's actually likely Nintendo will eventually release a Pokemon MMO but this type of Pokemon game isn't going anywhere.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2923-8369-0008 SoulSilver FC: 1119-2477-4355 Diamond FC: 0002-1844-7966
PSN: Flareyman
#3ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/3/2013 4:28:04 PM
First off, you are probably the seven billionth person to say that.

Second, that's nolsia (Or however you spell it) holding you back from playing a better game. Either stop complaining and deal with it, or stop holding on to silly childhood memories or whatever and move to a better series for you, simple as that. Want an example? Ni No Kuni. Not sure what your video was, but if it was in anime form we will never see any sort of game play like that.

Third, if you want better gameplay, move up to the compettetive level and try your luck there. It's much deeper in the big leauges.

Third... yeah, they really do need to change the formula. We need NEW sandwiches to try out! It's just the same old sandwich over and over. Boring much?

That's it, I'm going to the Chum Bucket!

*leaves*
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#4Rat_a_tatPosted 5/3/2013 4:28:36 PM
Just partake in that game instead. Pocket Monsters is an entirely separate franchise with it's own established conventions.
---
"Official" furry liaison to GameFAQs.
#5TherianReturnsPosted 5/3/2013 4:52:48 PM
Shin Megami Tensei is a boring and dull set of games. Pokemon is better than it by a landslide, and if you don't like it, then don't play Pokemon. Sorry for the rudeness, but I call it "harsh reality time".
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. If you can't accept this, take your jealousy away from my presence.
#6RingsOfUranusPosted 5/3/2013 5:02:08 PM
F1areaGaman posted...
Pokemon is a handheld game. It's designed to be played on toilets, in Subways, at grandma's etc.

The mechanics are based around this fact. The games are just so good (They actually are extremely well designed RPGS) that most people will sit and grind home alone sometimes, before bed, when they should be studying, etc.

But Pokemon, at least the core series, as long as it remains on handheld,will always play similar to this.

I'm not saying it's impossible that there won't be a typical Console RPG Pokemon game and it's actually likely Nintendo will eventually release a Pokemon MMO but this type of Pokemon game isn't going anywhere.

Well this is without a shadow of a doubt, the worst marketing understanding in the history of Earth.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
Ipsylos: Psyduck easily is the best representation of Christianity on Pokemon period.
#7_KGC_Posted 5/3/2013 5:03:52 PM
Maybe I'm dumb but can't Pokemon do something like that?

Triples looks like it can do that s***.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#8ThatKippPosted 5/3/2013 5:09:59 PM(edited)
SMT=/=Pokemon

If you want to play SMT, play SMT
If you want to play Pokemon, play Pokemon
If you're tired of the old formula, then stop playing
---
Official Nate of the Pokemon X board with my pet Medicham and Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#9westontickleePosted 5/3/2013 5:13:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10RadioRebelPosted 5/3/2013 5:18:18 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Second, that's nolsia (Or however you spell it)

It's actually spelled "nostalgia". The "sta" is silent (I think it's French or something).

/sarcasm

Seriously, how do you get "nolsia" out of "nostalgia"?
---
Gen Sixers: Uno
Hoennbabbies: STRANDED IN MICHIGAN!