This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smogon should unban Genesect

#41Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/4/2013 12:22:31 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Tai_Le_Ree posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Usage can determine ubers, however its just one of the factors. There are others but it is the biggest one.

No. Scizor is the most used Pokemon in OU, with nearly 20% of all teams using it, but you don't see anything asking for it to be banned, because it's not that great.

Power is what determines Ubers.

And power determines usage as well. And 20% isn't that much. Especially considering the tier has a total of 50ish pokemon.

...wow

Back in the good ol days of 4th gen I had a rating above 1000. I dropped out of pokemon for a bit and am hoping x and y's fairy type will decentralize fighting with it being super effective on it and all. I'm also hoping the move blech will increase berry usage which would be a nice turn from the sashes/leftovers commonly used.

Mind you i didn't do competive in 5th gen, I focused on challenges like blaze black. I'm a bit rusty on the 5th gen terms but I've already got a somewhat decent feel of 6th gen thanks to my friend who was nice enough to leak things to let me plan strategy around them.
---
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
#42BoyOfBattlePosted 5/4/2013 12:57:42 AM
Back in the good ol days of 4th gen I had a rating above 1000.

damn u musta been wrecking ass on shoddy
---
NO TROLLOING!!! ~game_lover_man
Spurs. "Bat" Manu. Tony Parkour. Tim Duncan "You." we already won.
#43Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/4/2013 1:05:12 AM
BoyOfBattle posted...
Back in the good ol days of 4th gen I had a rating above 1000.

damn u musta been wrecking ass on shoddy

I honestly forgot which battle sim I hit 1000 in lol
But that was before platinum was a thing

Right now I'm running an annoyance team
Where I use assist for priority that always draws shadow force, I put it on a slow pokemon with a lagging tail
The rest of my team is to focus on taking out normal types and priority users, and a smearagle that gets no battle action whatsoever

But thats for trolling not actually caring about ranks.
---
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
#44wind64aPosted 5/4/2013 1:23:20 AM
I remember encountering quite a few Genesects on PO for a bit. Eviolite Togetic with Flamethrower was surprisingly effective.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#45HodouPosted 5/4/2013 1:40:06 AM
wind64a posted...
I remember encountering quite a few Genesects on PO for a bit. Eviolite Togetic with Flamethrower was surprisingly effective.

Togekiss with Flamethrower is equally effective.

(Togekiss is actually really solid in OU with the right support, she gets a ton of surprise cripples/kills because a sizeable portion of the tier THINKS it can OHKO her and then can't. Not to mention being one of the easiest ways to remove Ferrothorn.)

Also, people whining about Smogon bans is so 4th gen. "Boo hoo I know more about Pokemon than all the highly skilled players who were discussing the ban they should just let me decide what's uber and what's not I wanna use Reshiram"
#46BoyOfBattlePosted 5/4/2013 1:59:24 AM
I honestly forgot which battle sim I hit 1000 in lol
But that was before platinum was a thing

that's definitely shoddy battle then. a 1000 rating is pretty legit bruh
---
NO TROLLOING!!! ~game_lover_man
Spurs. "Bat" Manu. Tony Parkour. Tim Duncan "You." we already won.