This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Palkia part water type?

#21jayman7Posted 5/3/2013 11:22:19 PM
Gardevoir47 posted...
Diamonds are really hard (though still soft)

What do you mean "though still soft"? Diamonds aren't soft. They're the hardest naturally-occurring substance on Earth.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#22LexifoxPosted 5/3/2013 11:41:33 PM
iKhanic posted...
From what I just saw from images, Kelpies LOOK like underwater sea beasts, having a fish-like tail. My problem with Keldeo is that it looks like a generic pony

See the other link.

Floatzel is a weasel

In a world where weasels are otters.

I didn't know how else to describe Palkia.

Might I suggest an online dictionary or thesaurus?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#23scrappybristolPosted 5/3/2013 11:51:23 PM
Should've been Dragon/Psychic imo but I'm a generic Pokemon fan so my ideas are probably terrible =P
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#24iKhanicPosted 5/3/2013 11:54:09 PM
Lexifox posted...
iKhanic posted...
From what I just saw from images, Kelpies LOOK like underwater sea beasts, having a fish-like tail. My problem with Keldeo is that it looks like a generic pony

See the other link.

Floatzel is a weasel

In a world where weasels are otters.

I didn't know how else to describe Palkia.

Might I suggest an online dictionary or thesaurus?

"In folklore, Water Horses (spelled as "Waterhorse" in folklore) are described as being very similar to a long-necked seal. They are described as having a small head attached to a long giraffe-like neck with an equine mane (occasionally covered in hair) and having two sets of flippers, the rear pair at the very end of the body, giving the impression of a seal-like tail. Its body length ranges from 5060 feet and the neck is 70 feet long"

Keldeo has none of those features. It's a generic horse onto which GF slapped it's favorite typing.

Loot at Floatzel's name. It's pretty clearly based on a weasel. Oshawott's family is based on otters.

Palkia is a dragon that looks mechanical. Robotic dragon is a decent description.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#25Gardevoir47Posted 5/4/2013 12:14:53 AM
jayman7 posted...
Gardevoir47 posted...
Diamonds are really hard (though still soft)

What do you mean "though still soft"? Diamonds aren't soft. They're the hardest naturally-occurring substance on Earth.

Yes... I meant not just Earth :/
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#26Kaze_MemaryuPosted 5/4/2013 12:38:15 AM
It's because of the similarities between water and space. They both are flexible, have the ability to be formed (with enough power), and can be entered.
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
#27gamester_12345Posted 5/4/2013 12:52:18 AM
Palkia is a universe creating pokemon, it doesn't have to make sense for it to be so spontaneous, it's Palkia.

If you need a definite theory; Space Whales.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#28ssj4warriorPosted 5/4/2013 1:08:34 AM
ZackeCorvus posted...
The three dragon legends from Gen 4 also allegedly represent states of matter, with Dialga's steel representing solid, Palkia's water representing liquid, and Giratina's ghost representing gas. I have no idea if that is official or just another fan theory, but just putting it out there.

I quite like this theory
---
Mentions of Cloyster - 455
Number of 56th posts stolen - 139
#29Nomorice4UPosted 5/4/2013 5:15:15 AM
Palkias head looks like a diver ;-) maybe that's y.
#30AurawhispererPosted 5/4/2013 5:26:41 AM
Because it represents one of the weapons from FF7
---
It's funny how so many immature imbeciles on here try hard hating me. You think I care, yet I don't.
Try harder kid. You amuse me :)