This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well would a bulky Charizard work?

#1iKhanicPosted 5/3/2013 11:00:54 PM
I was thinking about this, and I realized that Charizard has a pretty good movepool for a tank, having roost and perfect coverage (aside from Heatran) with Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse.

On top of that, while not being particularly tough, it has okay bulk. 78/78/85 isn't awful if you invest in it.

I doubt it would be great in OU, but I think it could work in NU, RU, or maybe even UU
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2HomeRowedPosted 5/3/2013 11:01:57 PM
It's hard to be bulky when it loses half its health with one switch in.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#3Obeyy00Posted 5/3/2013 11:03:16 PM
HomeRowed posted...

you could always put him in first..
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 11:05:41 PM
HomeRowed posted...

Roost.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5ReachOutToTruthPosted 5/3/2013 11:07:19 PM
If you REALLY wanted to you could set up a wish, switch in Charizard, and he'd get back the health Stealth Rock took. >_>
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#6Obeyy00Posted 5/3/2013 11:08:47 PM
ReachOutToTruth posted...
If you REALLY wanted to you could set up a wish, switch in Charizard, and he'd get back the health Stealth Rock took. >_>

there's things you could do yea. but people just love bringing up the same thing like it can't be overcome
#7HomeRowedPosted 5/3/2013 11:10:52 PM
Obeyy00 posted...
you could always put him in first..

Sure, but then it will inevitably get phazed out.

iKhanic posted...
Roost.

And while it Roosts, it gets set up on or straight up attacked and loses a ton of HP thanks to having medicore defenses, so it'll just end up being a relative sitting duck until it dies.
---
NO MORE FUNERAL CAKE UNTIL I CAN BE A GOOD GIRL
do you wanna die or just come real close?
#8BountyanPosted 5/3/2013 11:21:44 PM
iKhanic posted...
HomeRowed posted...

Roost.

So basically a free turn for your opponent to set up every time you switch in? That sure seems great!

Charizard wouldn't be good as a bulky Pokemon. There are better options for the lower tiers.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#9dwdwdw6Posted 5/3/2013 11:21:46 PM
A bulky Charizard would not work well AT ALL. And thats just an understatement.
#10AafyrePosted 5/3/2013 11:34:10 PM
Is that only because of Stealth Rock or would he not work even if that move didn't exist? I have a bulky Scyther with Eviolite who's also 4x weak to SR and he seems really good in games where SR isn't used.