This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

too bad this game won't have sprites.

#11TerradriusPosted 5/4/2013 12:03:09 AM(edited)
darkdragongirl posted...
The spirit of Pokemon, forever tarnished. R.I.P. Pokemon.

Nope, that was with Gold and Silver, when they forced you to play in color. Ugh.
---
http://adamgaming.blogspot.com/ - My game review/design blog, which I have finally gotten back to updating. Sporadically.
Jesus saves. PSN: Orethen
#12HyperKnuckles5112Posted 5/4/2013 12:04:20 AM
The future is bright.
---
SuperSonic-Legend
HyperSonic-Fun
#13iKhanicPosted 5/4/2013 12:05:47 AM
But we are getting a fairy type, and a subclass of fairies are sprites. So could very well have sprites in this game
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#14Tai_Le_ReePosted 5/4/2013 12:05:58 AM
HyperKnuckles5112 posted...
The future is bright.

The future are these same models in gen 9
---
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
#15Noble-HeartPosted 5/4/2013 12:07:33 AM
I'm curious to see if trainers would use 3d models or will still keep sprites for their battle animation.
---
Official Crystal of the Pokemon X and Y board
#16HodouPosted 5/4/2013 12:43:13 AM
TIGERJACKS0N- posted...
They need to do 3D models anyways. They're easier to work with. Once rendered, they can be easily put in any motion they want, unlike sprites where they need to redraw them for entire frames

this this this this this this this this this this this this this this THIS

Why do you think we spent 5 generations with little to no animation? Because animating extensive and dynamic 2D graphics for over 600 characters is INSANE. There's a reason Pokemon Stadium has more fluid animation than Black and White do still.
#17SilverwyrmPosted 5/4/2013 12:59:34 AM
Terradrius posted...
darkdragongirl posted...

Nope, that was with Gold and Silver, when they forced you to play in color. Ugh.

This, god that pissed me off. We'll all just be forced to deal with it and get used to it anyways =/
---
pokemon white friend code: 5029-3555-0823
#18DweezleMoonunitPosted 5/4/2013 1:18:16 AM
Sprites? No. Fairies? Yes.
#19SocranPosted 5/4/2013 1:22:12 AM
darkdragongirl posted...

scrappybristol posted...
Sprites are relics of the past and we must embrace the future.

Congratulations. You've both managed to be equally wrong despite having polar opposite arguments.

There's still a place for sprites in gaming, and creative new avenues to be explored with them if you play to their strengths, as evidenced in this video (note that emulator issues cause transparent objects to flicker instead, that's not the game's fault): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za_zo7ksvD8

However, the 3D animations in this game are very appropriate for the "spirit of Pokemon". The particular brand of cell shading used feels just about as clean and natural as sprites do, which has always been the biggest disadvantage 3D animation has had over sprites. I'm glad that they waited until they got it right before taking the game in that direction, but I do feel that they got it right.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#20Probit_ReturnPosted 5/4/2013 1:35:09 AM
*Drools* I wish we would have gotten more SRW games. I mean, I understand why we don't, but still. The only one I have is J, and it's a fun game. Also, because it's in the same style, Battle Moon Wars. Awesome stuff.

But I agree, sprites have their place, just like 3D models. When I first heard X/Y would use 3D models, I'll admit, I was a little disappointed, but I've grown used to it rather quickly.
---
Hinako danced crazy