This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

too bad this game won't have sprites.

#21Cat333PokemonPosted 5/4/2013 3:10:39 AM
Silverwyrm posted...
Terradrius posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
The spirit of Pokemon, forever tarnished. R.I.P. Pokemon.

Nope, that was with Gold and Silver, when they forced you to play in color. Ugh.

This, god that pissed me off. We'll all just be forced to deal with it and get used to it anyways =/

Nope, Crystal forced Game Boy Color. You could still play Gold and Silver on the previous monochrome Game Boys.
---
Am I a cat, or am I a Zoroark?
http://floatzel.net ~ Black 2: 2151-5975-6240
#22omegaslash14Posted 5/4/2013 3:19:52 AM(edited)
I generally only like sprites, if the sprites are retro, a platformer, or the sprites are high quality. Im really glad pokemon used 3D models for this game cause its sprites sure as hell wasnt high quality.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#23evillockePosted 5/4/2013 3:28:36 AM
I like the fact that we are changing, but the models looks like they were ripped from a PS1 game.

Come on, we know what the 3DS can do!
---
Third person to get a cookie.
NSMB2 coin count: 624358
#24LightningAce11Posted 5/4/2013 3:29:41 AM
Sprites are nice, but the 3d models look pretty darn good.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the heart's nemesis." - Trema
#25Uru_ZephPosted 5/4/2013 3:33:54 AM
I'll miss sprites too. People argue like sprites are inferior to 3D, but I disagree; they're simply a different style of art for a game.

I was similarly sad to see sprites go away in Fire Emblem. Now they have no feet.
#26hyjinx17Posted 5/4/2013 4:02:16 AM
darkdragongirl posted...

I've been wanting full 3D graphics on a console pokemon for years now, so yeah.

Also when talking about the spirit of pokemon, sprites are like number 50 on the list
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#27Reginleif20Posted 5/4/2013 4:12:45 AM
darkdragongirl posted...

Because sprites are definitely the core element, the very essence of Pokemon
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#28Skull_proPosted 5/4/2013 4:13:30 AM
evillocke posted...
I like the fact that we are changing, but the models looks like they were ripped from a PS1 game.

PS1? Kim a Huge final fantasy ix fan and ffix is one of the best looking ff in the history of ps1... and even it doesn't compare to whate we have seen of xy sovfar.
---
Live like a windrammer as you **** while seeing futures in balls
#29FratellolupoPosted 5/4/2013 4:25:34 AM
"The game isn't out and i haven't seen the finished game yet but i already don't like what they've done with this game. You know what games still have sprites? all of gen 1-5.

5 generations of pokemon staying completely still while they breathe out flamethrowers from their wings crotch feet legs and stomach, basically everywhere that didn't have a mouth. well guess what? now they're making improvements so shut your pie holes and enjoy it. you can all make your own freakin' sprites if you love them so much. :P
---
White 2 FC: 0648 3913 3611
#30SocranPosted 5/4/2013 4:42:33 AM
evillocke posted...

You can't possible be talking about the battle sprites, because those things are amazing. The field sprites were also pretty clearly a conscious choice, as well. Of course, part of that choice may have been based on the fact that it was easier to make, but it's clearly designed to look like a 3D version of the old tiles, and the Pokemon/battles themselves are top-notch.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."